• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Baseball is back! MLB and MLBPA have reached an agreement on a new CBA!

rafibomb

45 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

What a treat.  We get a new deal done, a slightly abbreviated regular season, a higher lux tax providing a little more room for the Angels to improve, and more teams make the playoffs.

I feel like I won the lottery.  I vote to do this every year.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/10/sports/baseball/mlb-lockout-ends.html

Play Ball! Lockout Ends as M.L.B. and Union Strike a Deal

After a long series of deadlines, threats and delays, a tentative agreement was reached and a full 162-game season should begin on April 7.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

You mean they will play a full 162?  Damn.  I was kinda hoping to take the edge off the regular season game volume fatigue syndrome we sometimes suffer. 

With 9 inning doubleheaders, almost no days off and plenty of advertising.  We will get a full dose of Angels babseball.

8 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Looking forward to the Angels being in the mix for that third WC spot.

A one-game playoff for the third wild card spot would be awesome. 

Or at least better than the last 7 seasons, I guess. 

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

Me either. I doubt they'd do this but what about a DH on the day after the All-Star Break in Seattle, followed by a cross country trip to Atlanta?

I'm worried they're gonna move one of my ticketed games to a DH and add a game in Seattle instead, doubt it happens, but...

A chance to see two games on one day in Seattle, what's not to like about that?

49 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Will be weird but may be fun

This is a very unexpected and very pleasing bonus to the CBA getting approved.

Right now they play 76 games (nearly 1/2 of the schedule) against four teams, the A's, Astros, Rangers, and Mariners.

They play 20 Interleague games, 4 or 6 Against the Dodgers and 14 or 16 against 4 or 5 teams. Like this year, they've got 4 Against Miami and 3 Against the Braves, Phillies, Mets and Nationals. And 4 Against the Dodgers.

Leaving only 66 games for the 10 other teams in the AL.

If they really are playing all 15 teams in the NL, that's a minimum of 30 games, and a lot of 2 game series. I'd be it's gonna be 14 division games instead of 19. Which adds 20 to the interleague slate. If they play one three game series against the 14 non-Dodger Opponents in the NL, that's 42 games. Add a 4 game Dodger series, and then steal 6 games from the other AL, it's 46 NL games. 

116 AL games, 56 of them against division opponents, and 60 against the other AL teams.

They may do it differently, but this is a good way. They'd get 7 NL teams at home and 7 on the road, with a split with the Dodgers home and away every year. There would only be 8 four game series all in division.

Another way is to do 2 game series against 6 NL teams, That's 12, then play 3 game series against 8, that's 24, and 4 games against the Dodgers, That's 40 NL games. But that's too many two game series. 

Speaking of two game Dodgers series, I'd bet that they schedule that Mariners Double Header for Sunday the 17th of July, right before the All-Star Break. They've reinstated the games from April 7-13th, but the makeup games haven't been scheduled yet.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

No more runners starting on second base at the start of extra innings.

Thank God. 

I prefer just play out extra innings with normal rules.  One of my favorite all time baseball memories was a game a million years ago on a school night that my mom and I stayed until the end and I think it was like 19 innings?

But if baseball absolutely insisted on a rule change to increase the chances of scoring happening quickly (to avoid 19 inning games), then how about each team gets 3 outs in the tenth, 4 outs in the 11th, and 5 outs an inning thereafter.

Certainly scoring would happen quicker and there would be less wasted time between innings (likely fewer innings played).

Yes it is unconventional and I don’t even “like” it but I think this would be better than inserting free runners on base like they did before. 

Edited by Dtwncbad