• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Ky bush today.  3.2ip, 6h, 4er, 1bb, 3k.  No command this time around.  Camera angle was from behind the plate so it was tough to get a read but it looked like he was rushing through his mechanics.  Almost like it seemed the pitch clock was messing with his head a bit and he couldn't get on track.  Mostly the fastball he was missing with.  Broadcaster mentioned 93/94 a couple times.  It seemed a few had a bit more zip than that but hard to say for sure.  Got a couple nice swings and misses on the slider and change.  Big guy.  Pretty much over the top.  3 of the hits he gave up were pretty much bloopers and one was a bad infield hop that ate up Soto (who otherwise made some nice defensive plays).  Both hr's Bush gave up were hit high and far on fastballs pretty much right down the middle.  

As an aside, saw a couple of Maitan at bats.  His swing looks as bad as it has since rookie ball.  It's like he's made zero adjustments.  Tons of movements with his hands all over the place.  super long path to the ball.  couldn't get through the zone with any quickness and got jammed twice.  Not a surprise he's hitting .125 through his first 40 PA this year and around .210 over his last 650 professional PA.  As I was writing this, he swung late through two firm fastballs.  Way late.  Then dribbled a ball to SS on a breaking ball with an off balance swing.  Bases were loaded and no outs.   Don't get your hopes up.  

Luke Murphy relieved Bush.  Fastball is firm and lively.  Hard to tell about secondary stuff but looks like the hitters picked that up much better as he gave up a couple flyout on them.  One of which was a really nice defensive play by Cabbage jumping at the wall after going a long way.  High effort delivery.  

Couple other things of note - saw them call a ball a couple times when the pitcher was taking too long.  Both were the other team.  Don't think I like the pitch clock.  Also, the broadcaster mentioned I think that the entire lineup didn't have one player drafted or originally signed by the Angels.  

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Ky bush today.  3.2ip, 6h, 4er, 1bb, 3k.  No command this time around.  Camera angle was from behind the plate so it was tough to get a read but it looked like he was rushing through his mechanics.  Almost like it seemed the pitch clock was messing with his head a bit and he couldn't get on track.  Mostly the fastball he was missing with.  Broadcaster mentioned 93/94 a couple times.  It seemed a few had a bit more zip than that but hard to say for sure.  Got a couple nice swings and misses on the slider and change.  Big guy.  Pretty much over the top.  3 of the hits he gave up were pretty much bloopers and one was a bad infield hop that ate up Soto (who otherwise made some nice defensive plays).  Both hr's Bush gave up were hit high and far on fastballs pretty much right down the middle.  

As an aside, saw a couple of Maitan at bats.  His swing looks as bad as it has since rookie ball.  It's like he's made zero adjustments.  Tons of movements with his hands all over the place.  super long path to the ball.  couldn't get through the zone with any quickness and got jammed twice.  Not a surprise he's hitting .125 through his first 40 PA this year and around .210 over his last 650 professional PA.  As I was writing this, he swung late through two firm fastballs.  Way late.  Then dribbled a ball to SS on a breaking ball with an off balance swing.  Bases were loaded and no outs.   Don't get your hopes up.  

Luke Murphy relieved Bush.  Fastball is firm and lively.  Hard to tell about secondary stuff but looks like the hitters picked that up much better as he gave up a couple flyout on them.  One of which was a really nice defensive play by Cabbage jumping at the wall after going a long way.  High effort delivery.  

Couple other things of note - saw them call a ball a couple times when the pitcher was taking too long.  Both were the other team.  Don't think I like the pitch clock.  Also, the broadcaster mentioned I think that the entire lineup didn't have one player drafted or originally signed by the Angels.  

The Ultimate Fighter Sport GIF by UFC

13 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Maitan and Baldoquin should start a business together.

Dipeppler Pepper seasoning. 

It contains lard, ghost peppers grown by Vlad Jr., and the tears of AW. 

Instructions:  Apply a small amount to any food and then flush 10 million dollars and 8 years down your f**cking toilet.  

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I hope he jams his toe on a piece of furniture and then gets the sensation where he's waiting for the pain to set in.  For the rest of his life.  

And then he finally feels the pain as he's on his deathbed.

5 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Idgaf about them errors if he's gonna hit like that.

I'm the biggest run prevention whore on the forum maybe and I'm at this same place...  They need as many offensive break outs as possible, if for no other reason in order to create some organizational currency.

With Ward, Adell, and Marsh all looking like MLB players at this point of the season, every OFer in the system can be viewed as expendable to some degree.  Giving Knowles reps in the IF is smart regardless of how his defense plays.  

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm the biggest run prevention whore on the forum maybe and I'm at this same place...  They need as many offensive break outs as possible, if for no other reason in order to create some organizational currency.

With Ward, Adell, and Marsh all looking like MLB players at this point of the season, every OFer in the system can be viewed as expendable to some degree.  Giving Knowles reps in the IF is smart regardless of how his defense plays.  

Mark Trumbo sends his greetings from 3B. I remember seeing it on TV and thinking it was bad. Then I showed up on the backfields and watched and it was even worse.