• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Clippers trading Blake Griffin?

The guys on the radio were saying the idea behind trading for dwight would happen if they were able to get doc and garnett with pierce coming on if/when the Celtics buy him out. You'd then have a core of paul, garnett, Pierce, and howard for two years max.

Dwight on the same team with paul and garnett. That'll go well. Of course none of this will happen

It's my understanding that Pierce is not a requirement. The Celtics are dangling Pierce in that package to try to pry away Bledsoe. But if the Clips are serious about getting Howard, Bledsoe would have to be included with Griffin for the Lakers to even think about it.

If the Lakers can acquire assets for Dwight, I say do it.  Dwight has been in the league for 10 years and:

A.  Isn't getting any younger;
B.  Is completely reliant on his athleticism, having never developed any go-to moves;

C.  Is arguably not much better than he was 8 years ago (see B);

D.  Is an offensive liability if you are requiring him to get his own shot (see B);

E.  Is a offensive liability because he clearly doesn't work on his free-throws;

F.  Is going to get paid like a dominant #1, when he is a solid compliment to a dominant #1;

If the Lakers can get Blake Griffin and Eric Bledsoe, do it.  Both are assets that could be traded again (if the Lakers saw fit) to obtain players the organization prefers, young players and/or picks, or keep them and build around them.  A starting lineup of Bledsoe, Kobe, FA SF like Dorelle Wright, Griffin and Pau would be formidable.  Trade Nash to Toronto for Kyle Lowry.  We would have a solid, younger starting lineup and good depth (Lowry, Blake, Clark, Jordan Hill).

I think the Clippers would be mental to trade even just Griffin for Dwight.  When I read that the Clippers were talking about getting Howard, Garnett and Rivers at the expense of Griffin, Bledsoe, Jordan and picks I almost didn't believe it but this is the Clipper franchise we're talking about.  The Lakers would be even crazier not to want to trade Dwight to the Clippers because it's the Clippers.  Anyways I'm guessing this has little or no chance of happening but for an aging Laker team it's a fun what if.   

I would make that trade if I were the Lakers. They already have someone that can play center in Pau, and you get a young athletic power forward, and a very good offensive and defensive point guard. The only problem is that the inside defense would be awful.

Blake Griffin is gretly overated.  You saw what happened in the postseason.  The Clippers lob and dunk offense can be easily stopped.  When Griffin can't dunk he has very little offense.

While this is rather accurate in regards to the playoffs, Blake has worked really hard on his jump shot and the results were noticeable much of the season. If he continues to improve this area he will be a beast. Howard is too much of a question mark to make that trade right now. Clippers should not help out the Lakers one bit. 

I wouldn't mind making the aforementioned D12 trade (for Bledsoe and Griffin + pick if possible).  That would indeed give us a pretty potent offense with Bledsoe, Kobe, Pau and Griffin all able scorers.  Add a SF that can D up and score and we're better and younger.  Makes me wonder if we couldn't clear Pau off the roster to a team desiring an experienced big and replace him with a younger, defensive minded player to anchor the D (Asik?), and maybe add another young player (Thomas Robinson, Parsons) or picks?

Garnett + Blake at C/PF will not work. Garnett is better as a PF. Griffin is not a C. If Garnett comes, Griffin is likely gone if the Clips want to win a ring.

Trading a young star who is developing for a old veteran in his final years is always a brilliant move. 

Talks with C's revisited this morning but didn't go well. Clips balked on spending $35M extension on Rivers plus a $3M kicker for Jordan, combined with taking on one of Terry or Lee's contract meant no dice for Clips.

Someone tell Sterling that you have to spend money to win in this league.

Talks with C's revisited this morning but didn't go well. Clips balked on spending $35M extension on Rivers plus a $3M kicker for Jordan, combined with taking on one of Terry or Lee's contract meant no dice for Clips.

Someone tell Sterling that you have to spend money to win in this league.

Giving up Jordan for KG is rather fair when you consider where each are at in their career. two draft picks for Rivers is also fair. Nobody knows the reality so why not let the offseason play out and make a judgement then. The Clips actually are the one in the driver seat here. Rivers can force their hand still.