• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Clippers trading Blake Griffin?

Getting rid of Griffin would be idiotic!!!

I agree from a marketing standpoint. But if you are only about winning titles.... I don't think it would be considered idiotic. He's not exactly a 'put the team on your back and carry them in the 4th Q' kind of player.

It's rare that 2 individuals are untouchable as far as trades go. (Stockton/Malone, Jordan/Pippen, Kobe/Shaq) You wouldn't think of separating these players voluntarily.

I don't think Paul/Griffin fits in that class. Not now, and not in the future.

It was never about the money. Sterling is a spender these days. I don't know where you got that from. I think the Clippers are trying to put the Celtics in an awful position. They can trade their people and get almost nothing. Or they can keep them and watch them retire and opt out and get exactly nothing

Turns out the Clips were trying to protect their picks. They are only willing to give up one pick. Not two which is what the Celtics are asking for.

And it's not totally from left field that Sterling is not interested in spending too much money. I doubt he is willing put the team in a situation where it is as high over the luxury tax threshold as the Lakers or other teams have been in recent years.

Signing Paul and trading for Howard (hypothetically) gives the Clips the big 2. Who is the 3rd? Crawford?

Also, trading Bledsoe with Griffin would make the Clippers pretty old. Crawford, Barnes, Odom, Butler would all be 34. Billups is 37 going on 48. That would be a small window with the remainder of the roster they have. Might be the reason they are trying to protect the draft picks.

He used to be cheap. I don't know what happened but he hasn't been lately. Maybe he realizes he can't spend his money once he is dead.

Stern is having issues with this trade. Maybe he wants it to go away until after the Finals or he is just an idiot

Stern definitely doesn't want it stealing the thunder of tonight's game 7. But, I think he also has an issue with the "compensation" the Celtics are getting in return for their coach. It just opens a can of worms where teams will start shopping their coaches when they want to go a different direction.

I'm not sure how Doc's contract is written, but he might get all of that money if fired regardless of where he ends up (booth or sidelines). That could be the hangup if the Celts can get the compensation they are looking for.