• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021-2022 COLLEGE BASKETBALL

Lou

1 hour ago, Lou said:

It's their litany of asshole/annoying players. That and the incessant circle jerk by ESPN over them. 

Everyone hates them. 

espn has a lot of haters. Vitale was a cheerleader but he did that with unc as well. Greenberg, Elmore, gotlieb, and Forde are some pretty big haters. Hell a lot of Duke fans hate Bilas as he goes overboard to combat the perception of bias. Jay Williams was booed in Durham for the same reason. It’s really mostly white guys that everyone hates. Laettner was the only true asshole. Unlv and Michigan were brash assholes but it’s ok coming from people of color. Double standard when a white guy gives it back to a black player.  Coach k was actually hated by the media starting in 96. He’s more liked now since he became woke. 

1 minute ago, Kotchman said:

espn has a lot of haters. Vitale was a cheerleader but he did that with unc as well. Greenberg, Elmore, gotlieb, and Forde are some pretty big haters. Hell a lot of Duke fans hate Bilas as he goes overboard to combat the perception of bias. Jay Williams was booed in Durham for the same reason. It’s really mostly white guys that everyone hates. Laettner was the only true asshole. Unlv and Michigan were brash assholes but it’s ok coming from people of color. Double standard when a white guy gives it back to a black player.  Coach k was actually hated by the media starting in 96. He’s more liked now since he became woke. 

Nice try. 

4 hours ago, Kotchman said:

Greenberg

LB guy

Well, many years ago

21 hours ago, Kotchman said:

Came close to meeting in the finals in 91. It was a glorious Saturday as duke beat unlv and dean smith was ejected in their loss to Kansas. 

Not so much for me, UNLV was still in the Big West at the time (LB State included), when the conference had real good basketball and the late slot on ESPN’s Big Monday.

21 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Not so much for me, UNLV was still in the Big West at the time (LB State included), when the conference had real good basketball and the late slot on ESPN’s Big Monday.

Was Marymount in that conference as well? I enjoyed watching unlv play them on the late slate. Tark was probably over criticized for doing what 90% of all schools were doing illegally. He was just better at it. 

1 hour ago, Kotchman said:

Was Marymount in that conference as well? I enjoyed watching unlv play them on the late slate. Tark was probably over criticized for doing what 90% of all schools were doing illegally. He was just better at it. 

No, LMU is in the WCC (with Gonzaga. 

Just now, Kotchman said:

They were a fun team to watch. Hard to believe they could drop 120 routinely and we just watched two teams combine for less than 100

Most fun game I've ever attended was the tournament game vs Michigan in Long Beach. That Michigan team was loaded. 

24 minutes ago, Lou said:

Most fun game I've ever attended was the tournament game vs Michigan in Long Beach. That Michigan team was loaded. 

Yes think they won the year prior with Rice. The analytics today have most teams playing similar styles. I enjoyed the variety from LMU to Princeton that existed back then. 

9 hours ago, Kotchman said:

Yes think they won the year prior with Rice. The analytics today have most teams playing similar styles. I enjoyed the variety from LMU to Princeton that existed back then. 

Yep, they were defending champs. Their roster included Rumeal Robinson, Loy Vaught, Terry Mills, Sean Higgins, Tony Tolbert, etc. 

Kimble and Fryer combined for 78 points, with Fryer going 11-15 from the arc.

The halftime score was 65-58. LMU scored 84 points in the second half.

Final score: 149 - 115

People forget how devastating Jeff Fryer was shooting 3s for those LMU teams.   Not highly recruited out of Orange County

Averaged close to 23 pts/game in his last two seasons at LMU.

Think about it, they had a former NBA champions head coach (Westhead, Lakers) bringing Showtime to college basketball.

Edited by Angel Oracle