• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021-2022 COLLEGE BASKETBALL

Lou

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

People forget how devastating Jeff Fryer was shooting 3s for those LMU teams.   Not highly recruited out of Orange County

Averaged close to 23 pts/game in his last two seasons at LMU.

Think about it, they had a former NBA champions head coach (Westhead, Lakers) bringing Showtime to college basketball.

Did Fryer have an NBA career? I don’t remember him.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Other than having sc or Arizona in the field instead of Villanova, I can't think of a worse Final Four.

You might see Duke get fucked by the officials. It doesn’t happen often but unc and Kansas are two schools we rarely get an even shake against. I believe they have two of the worst in the acc doing the final 4. If foul trouble isn’t an issue unc is likely gets an ass whipping. Dont like our chances at beating Kansas after stria big of a game

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

lol at blaming the refs 3 1/2 hours before tipoff.

Hey their one of the few teams that shoot more fts than us. Head to head they win that battle about 70% of the matchups. Roach , Williams , and banchero stay out of serious foul trouble, they’re going down by 8-15 pts

Just now, Kotchman said:

Hey their one of the few teams that shoot more fts than us. Head to head they win that battle about 70% of the matchups. Roach , Williams , and banchero stay out of serious foul trouble, they’re going down by 8-15 pts

Perhaps they get fouled more. 

14 minutes ago, Lou said:

Perhaps they get fouled more. 

It makes sense back in the day when unc had more elite talent. Nowadays we have lottery picks and they have shaggy headed white Boys that can guard our talent without fouling. Roger Ayers did the last unc game. They deserved to win but it was 22-8 unc advantage at foul line. I mean of all the ACC’s great players Tyler Hansbrough is the leading scorer and ft attempts. 

1 minute ago, Kotchman said:

It makes sense back in the day when unc had more elite talent. Nowadays we have lottery picks and they have shaggy headed white Boys that can guard our talent without fouling. Roger Ayers did the last unc game. They deserved to win but it was 22-8 unc advantage at foul line. I mean of all the ACC’s great players Tyler Hansbrough is the leading scorer and ft attempts. 

Most lottery picks are lazy on defense, thus needing to reach more, which results in more fouls. 

I’m not much of a college basketball guy, it’s just not my thing….but I’m in the top 3 of my work March Madness bracket.  I really need Kansas to win today, as I’m up against a co-worker who has Villanova as his National Champ.  One of us is gonna go down today.

Our other guy has Duke as his National Champ, so I’ll be rooting for UNC.  (Sorry @Kotchman nothing personal, just business).

20 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

I’m not much of a college basketball guy, it’s just not my thing….but I’m in the top 3 of my work March Madness bracket.  I really need Kansas to win today, as I’m up against a co-worker who has Villanova as his National Champ.  One of us is gonna go down today.

Our other guy has Duke as his National Champ, so I’ll be rooting for UNC.  (Sorry @Kotchman nothing personal, just business).

No worries. Kansas probably going to win. Too many factors in their favor. Although I figured they would be favored by more than 4

1 minute ago, Kotchman said:

No worries. Kansas probably going to win. Too many factors in their favor. Although I figured they would be favored by more than 4

Aside from the last 6 minutes of the Miami game, I haven’t been that impressed with Kansas.  The other 3 teams left have been more impressive overall to me.  Maybe it’s because I have a financial interest in them, and it’s been nailbiter after nailbiter with them.

4 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Aside from the last 6 minutes of the Miami game, I haven’t been that impressed with Kansas.  The other 3 teams left have been more impressive overall to me.  Maybe it’s because I have a financial interest in them, and it’s been nailbiter after nailbiter with them.

This Kansas team isn’t that good. They do play an injured opponent and it’s going to be tough for unc or duke to recover from playing their championship tonight. 

16 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Villanova did not have a great 1st half. 33% from the field.

40-29, Kansas.

Kansas could have literally closed out Villanova in the 1st but in true Kansas fashion, they couldn’t quite do it.  

Why do I feel like this is gonna go down to the wire?

27 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Kansas could have literally closed out Villanova in the 1st but in true Kansas fashion, they couldn’t quite do it.  

Why do I feel like this is gonna go down to the wire?

I keep thinking that as Kansas pissed away a lot of easy buckets. They’re killing it from 3 though