• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

Angels fans are understandably jaded when it comes to their annual pursuit of pitching. With such a deep, strong FA class of pitchers, you'd have figured they'd spend and get it right. 

But this is the Angels we're talking about here. The longer this goes on, the more likely it's another Harvey-Cahill, or Cobb-Teheran scenario. 

And the similarities between Syndergaard and Lorenzen and those guys is painfully familiar. 

Get something done soon Perry, before this fan base turns on you. 

12 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

Mets payroll currently at $267M and likely will surpass $300M before it’s all said done. I guess Cohen really is willing to spend whatever it takes. 

Holy shit.  Someone should keep serving Cohen whatever he is drinking so Eppler can sign more old guys.  Do the Mets need an old LF making almost 30 mill?

4 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

I have this feeling that we might miss out on the remaining pitchers now and Artie will sign Correa or Seager in panic. Similar to what we did with Rendon. 

If the Angels somehow get shut out of signing the big free agent pitcher, I absolutely want them to pivot and sign a beast SS with that money instead (and then trade for someone like Castillo).

My point is your post suggests it would be a stupid move when the pivot move would be the correct move.

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

If the Angels somehow get shut out of signing the big free agent pitcher, I absolutely want them to pivot and sign a beast SS with that money instead (and then trade for someone like Castillo).

My point is your post suggests it would be a stupid move when the pivot move would be the correct move.

I agree 100%. I would just prefer us to land a big name starter. But plan B is better than nothing. 

I disagree. All those years, all those one year contracts, all that money, down the toilet. The Angels would've been smart to save some of those bullets for a truly elite FA starter. 

Pivoting fails to address the actual need and tried to compensate by building a more one dimensional team, and most importantly....

IT NEVER WORKS.

Spending 36 million on Gerrit Cole would've been dumb, but necessary. Spending 34 million in Anthony Rendon.... Possibly worse. I like Rendon, but he isn't a pitcher and won't be traded for a pitcher and now the viability of the infield defense and middle of the order offense now rests on a 30-something athlete. They lived their teens and 20's harder than you or I and it's difficult to maintain health into your 30's comparatively.