• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sorry for being really vague here as I'm no longer in the business of trying to break news or anything like that, in addition to not wanting to ruin what could be huge for the Halos.....but I heard just today from a reputable source that we're signing a top tiered starting pitcher sometime over the new few days. While I know who this starting pitcher is, I cannot reveal it is at this time. 

A new birdie has risen like a phoenix from the ashes with good news to come real soon. 

Happy Thanksgiving y'all. 

Out of curiosity, can you at least tell us on a scale of 1-10 how much we're gonna lose our shit?

1 being like signing Gray, and we're all like "well....ok, he's solid, and keeps money for ohtani", and 10 being like Scherzer or Ray where half the board is "FUCK YEAH, EE DID IT!" While the other half is "So long Ohtani"

And please dont say 4 or 6, because I made this scale, and even I wouldnt know what that meant

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

A new birdie has risen like a phoenix from the ashes with good news to come real soon. 

IF this is a hint,  Scherzer has played for Arizona.  Then again it could be a trade for Trevor Bauer who started his career there and whose career at this time could be considered in ashes.

Just now, Junkballer said:

IF this is a hint,  Scherzer has played for Arizona.  Then again it could be a trade for Trevor Bauer who started his career there and whose career at this time could be considered in ashes.

He said signing so I’m going to assume it isn’t a trade. 

4 minutes ago, Junkballer said:

Robbie Ray. Former DBack, and lately a birdie (Blue Jay). Risen from the ashes: No one thought much of him until his CY campaign this year. 

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sorry for being really vague here as I'm no longer in the business of trying to break news or anything like that, in addition to not wanting to ruin what could be huge for the Halos.....but I heard just today from a reputable source that we're signing a top tiered starting pitcher sometime over the new few days. While I know who this starting pitcher is, I cannot reveal it is at this time. 

Full parking lot?

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sorry for being really vague here as I'm no longer in the business of trying to break news or anything like that, in addition to not wanting to  ruin what could be huge for the Halos.....but I heard just today from a reputable source that we're signing a top tiered starting pitcher sometime over the new few days. While I know who this starting pitcher is, I cannot reveal it is at this time. 

A new birdie has risen like a phoenix from the ashes with good news to come real soon. 

Its obviously Randy Johnson.

About fuckin time!

49 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Robbie Ray. Former DBack, and lately a birdie (Blue Jay). Risen from the ashes: No one thought much of him until his CY campaign this year. 

I really hope not.  He's had such terrible control problems over his career.  He had a career year, but he's historically struggled to pitch deep into games because of his lack of control.  CJ Wilson, anyone?

11 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I really hope not.  He's had such terrible control problems over his career.  He had a career year, but he's historically struggled to pitch deep into games because of his lack of control.  CJ Wilson, anyone?

This year he pitched in 32 games.  Went five inning or more in every single game, six innings or more in 25 of those games. Turned a corner?