• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rendon has a setback, will be out a few more weeks

mmc

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He was top ten in mvp, should have been top five. 

Not sure why he should have been top 5, even if you just go strictly by WAR.  And he played for a team that finished 8 games under .500 last year.

(Though now looking at Fangraphs, he was in the top 5 in fWAR--which again raises the issue I have with relying solely/mostly on WAR for awards, since WAR isn't consistent across the stat sites.)

Edited by jsnpritchett

8 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Not sure why he should have been top 5, even if you just go strictly by WAR.  And he played for a team that finished 8 games under .500 last year.

(Though now looking at Fangraphs, he was in the top 5 in fWAR--which again raises the issue I have with relying solely/mostly on WAR for awards, since WAR isn't consistent across the stat sites.)

It was a joke.  If he was top 5 maybe people would be less pissed at him. 

I think the hot/cold dynamic we’ve seen with Rendon is sort of a problem.  It’s great when he’s going (for less than 20 games so far as an Angel - obviously covid isn’t his fault it is what it is) but for a guy making his kind of money we need some more consistency.  There’s still plenty of time left on the contract but so far with the non stop injuries - frustration with Anthony Rendon is legitimate imo.  He has to be better and they need him to be more durable.  Anyway.  The “be better” shit is applicable for most of the organization.    
 <jerk off motion> 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 hours ago, rafibomb said:

image.gif

U think this is funny?

Does it amuse you?

What is it about this that u think is funny?

Tell me what exactly is so fucking funny about this?

Pulling revolver

You've seen the movie..right?

The guy has always been an injury risk.  Even in college at Rice, he had two serious ankle injuries.  They just don't show up in the numbers because the freshman year one I think was literally the last game of the season.  Then got hurt again after soph year in summer ball.

I wish it weren't true, but the guy is fragile.