• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout now taking some swings on the field

Injuries are always a risk. Obviously training and conditioning can be somewhat preventative, but it's tough when your franchise player starts becoming injury prone.

Mickey Mantle (who Trout most resembles) missed big chunks of his career  due to multiple injuries, compounded by counterproductive lifestyle habits. Arguably he never showed his full potential ever because of a serious knee injury in his rookie year.  But his team was powerful enough in the early part of his career to still compensate for his absence. 

Regardless of circumstances I wonder how Arte feels when he sees how much money he's paying to Pujols, Trout, Upton and Rendon this year and the tiny bang for the buck he's gotten on the field. 

But seriously, I'm asking for some insight from any kinesiology experts here. Trout has a ridiculous workout regimen. I recall seeing a video of it and it was unreal. Could too much exercise (is there such a thing?) have a deleterious effect on athletes' bodies? Just wondering. He's been hurt a lot over the past few seasons, missed a lot of games. Something like 140 I believe.

17 hours ago, Justin said:

Since the start of the 2017 season, Trout has missed 144 out of 621 games. 

That ain't good. 

Are those 144 games only for injury or do they include his son being born and his brother in law's death? Doesn't make me feel any better about his injury history over the last four or five seasons but the number might be a little smaller if you just take those into account. 

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

Are those 144 games only for injury or do they include his son being born and his brother in law's death? Doesn't make me feel any better about his injury history over the last four or five seasons but the number might be a little smaller if you just take those into account. 

Ultimately he misses to much time for being one of the best players in the game. Without Trout in the line up on a daily basis the Angels are a significantly worse team. 

12 minutes ago, Kevin said:

The latter. They include life events, scheduled days off, etc.

So yes, the number is smaller. Let's say 20 games. If he has missed 124 games to injury out of 621, that is 20%, instead of 24%. 

It is still too high for the cornerstone of your franchise, to whom you are paying $37M annually. 

The good news (I hope) is that missing 24% of his games the last five years by no means guarantees that's going to happen every year going forward. There must be things that can be done as he hits age 30 to extend his prime. For me, it was switching from Coors Banquet to Coors Light. But my prime was not quite as good as Trout's, I suppose. 

1 hour ago, cals said:

@fan_since79 don’t worry about @Stradling. It’s tough to remember who he’s failoing and who he’s nutswinging these days.  But one thing is for certain, if you choose the wrong one he will send you a very stern troll emoji.

“Rest his little calf” is troll worthy.  Sorry if that hurt your feelings.  I am sure FS is fine as he posted it for a reaction, I obliged.

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

But seriously, I'm asking for some insight from any kinesiology experts here. Trout has a ridiculous workout regimen. I recall seeing a video of it and it was unreal. Could too much exercise (is there such a thing?) have a deleterious effect on athletes' bodies? Just wondering. He's been hurt a lot over the past few seasons, missed a lot of games. Something like 140 I believe.

Have you seen Carrot Top recently?

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

“Rest his little calf” is troll worthy.  Sorry if that hurt your feelings.  I am sure FS is fine as he posted it for a reaction, I obliged.

Your "troll" emoji to my post is the least of my worries. The very least. So yeah, I'm perfectly fine except for all my medical issues.

This forum is a welcome escape from the rest of life, as is baseball in general and the other sports.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

you're just mad at the medical field in general because they haven't figured out how to cure stupid.  

Darwin explained how stupid is cured.  The medical field provides the safety net required to allow stupid people to breed.

8 minutes ago, cals said:

Perhaps he is privy to information you are not?  Maybe Trout has one calf muscle that is bigger than the other and FS was just referring to the injured, smaller one?

Or perhaps he raises cows and he has a baby cow growing now which would obviously be bigger than his leg muscle of the same name.  And FS wanted to avoid confusion or smart alecks trying to make cow jokes when he was talking about trouts leg and not the animal.

So you see, sir, that maybe you don’t know the entire story and perhaps you should clarify things before attacking someone.

I did not consider the raising of baby cows, that is my bad.  I did consider his medical back ground and then when I read that he was looking for more information from a kinesiologist, I assumed he was just as dumb as me.  

3 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

Injuries are always a risk. Obviously training and conditioning can be somewhat preventative, but it's tough when your franchise player starts becoming injury prone.

Mickey Mantle (who Trout most resembles) missed big chunks of his career  due to multiple injuries, compounded by counterproductive lifestyle habits. Arguably he never showed his full potential ever because of a serious knee injury in his rookie year.  But his team was powerful enough in the early part of his career to still compensate for his absence. 

Regardless of circumstances I wonder how Arte feels when he sees how much money he's paying to Pujols, Trout, Upton and Rendon this year and the tiny bang for the buck he's gotten on the field. 

I don’t give a shit how Arte feels about anything.