• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Alright, Bundy. This is your last chance

No one wants to hear this but the Angels may have the depth to replace Bundy and Quintana but they don’t have the depth to remove both of those guys off the roster.  This is not me advocating keeping them in the rotation it is just a fact that you need depth.  You only have to follow the Angels for a month or two to know that pitchers health is always in question.  

17 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

You have such a short window to decide. How much do you give him and for how long? Angels have cheap options waiting in Barria, Suarez, Detmers and maybe Chris Rod. Halos have a history of mistakes with FA pitchers. I put him in bullpen and start Barria now.

He’s going to be a free agent in four months. You won’t get much for him.

The halos might be beginning a good run. If he’s pitching well, hang on to him. Could help us get into October. Plus, our CFer is returning next month…

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

He’s going to be a free agent in four months. You won’t get much for him.

The halos might be beginning a good run. If he’s pitching well, hang on to him. Could help us get into October. Plus, our CFer is returning next month…

When i hear "you won't get much" , it reminds me of the Doyle Alexander for John Smoltz trade. You just never know.

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No one wants to hear this but the Angels may have the depth to replace Bundy and Quintana but they don’t have the depth to remove both of those guys off the roster.  This is not me advocating keeping them in the rotation it is just a fact that you need depth.  You only have to follow the Angels for a month or two to know that pitchers health is always in question.  

Put them in bullpen, many pitchers have reinvented themselves in pen. 

14 hours ago, greginpsca said:

When i hear "you won't get much" , it reminds me of the Doyle Alexander for John Smoltz trade. You just never know.

The Braves saw something in Smoltz that the Tigers didn't. When they acquired him, he looked like minor league depth, unremarkable numbers in the minors.

Here's a thought: was Bundy's good year last year merely a product of pitching with a juiced ball? 

After a few years of mediocrity he had a great start and looked like a genuine no1 or no2, then he tailed off towards the end of last season, I think at around the time there were rumours that the league had started using old balls again (memory is a little hazy on that), and then again this year he's been a no5 at best with the new un-juiced balls the league are now using. Coincidence? Or does someone have some data on different pitch usage that explains it more scientifically? 

5 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Here's a thought: was Bundy's good year last year merely a product of pitching with a juiced ball? 

After a few years of mediocrity he had a great start and looked like a genuine no1 or no2, then he tailed off towards the end of last season, I think at around the time there were rumours that the league had started using old balls again (memory is a little hazy on that), and then again this year he's been a no5 at best with the new un-juiced balls the league are now using. Coincidence? Or does someone have some data on different pitch usage that explains it more scientifically? 

Bundy always pitched well against the non-Angels AL West teams, and the NL West parks tend to favor pitchers. I think that was a big part of it. 

He's been trounced by some west teams this year though. 

On 6/20/2021 at 1:06 PM, greginpsca said:

Can you say Dennis Eckersly.

I remember watching him pitch for the Indians and being mesmerized by his all-out effort on every pitch.  I didn't know you could do that and not have your arm fall off.