• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ A's (6/15/2021): Wong at 3B, Iglesias hitting 3rd, Heaney on the mound

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Lol.... Wtf is his role?   This was my biggest nightmare coming into this season.   Dude is being used as a single inning RP.  What a freaking waste.

15 pitches (11 strikes). Last time he was pulled after only an inning it was shoulder irritation. Honestly, at this point what's a worse scenario? Obviously the injury is worse but that's how frustrating it is if Rodriguez was actually only out there for one inning completely healthy.

1 minute ago, rafibomb said:

15 pitches (11 strikes). Last time he was pulled after only an inning it was shoulder irritation. Honestly, at this point what's a worse scenario? Obviously the injury is worse but that's how frustrating it is if Rodriguez was actually only out there for one inning completely healthy.

A bullpen role was just a waste from the get go.  There was never any question he could get guys out.  But he's done nothing to develop as a SP.  It's frustrating.

1 minute ago, Revad said:

We can just guess at what that was.

I was actually going to say I don't mind him as the resident garbage time RP.   Better him than someone who might be useful in leverage situations.

Slegers entering the game is like rolling up the white flag.  I can accept that.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

I was actually going to say I don't mind him as the resident garbage time RP.   Better him than someone who might be useful in leverage situations.

Slegers entering the game is like rolling up the white flag.  I can accept that.

Which makes it all the more frustrating Rodriguez wasn't out there for a second inning. He threw 15 pitches...

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Lol.... Wtf is his role?   This was my biggest nightmare coming into this season.   Dude is being used as a single inning RP.  What a freaking waste.

with a three run deficit.  God forbid you bring in your best reliever in high leverage.  Hey, let's stunt his development and then misuse him.  

my new goal for this team is to anticipate where Joe will make stupid decisions and then fill those spots with players that can't damage the team.  Oh wait, that means we have to have an all star at every spot.  

Just now, fan_since79 said:

Meaningless Walsh HR.

No runs are meaningless in Baseball, unless they're from Pujols in a 10-0 blowout late in the game. 

It's a good thing Maddon brought in SLOLegers to keep the game tight. 

Just now, rafibomb said:

Tbh this isn't even a series where we were in over our heads against the division leader. These were both fairly competitive and winnable games. But in Angels fashion it's the way we lost these games. 

Absolutely. I will not be surprised at all if Maddon starts Quintana over Sandoval when he's healthy too.