• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who are the Angels Rivals?

Hello Angels Fans,

With the help of message board members beginning in 2014, we—the students and professors of the Know Rivalry Project—began answering this question and others related to rivalry in the MLB. Please help us update and expand our results to ensure that the Los Angeles Angels are included by taking 9 minutes to complete our newest survey:

https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3FdJ8eN2EgFCfCB?mbsrc=krdir&grpID=1368

We want to start the rivalry conversation here. Fan data helps us to study rivalries that exist between teams, players, and fans.

Our previous results have been featured in numerous sports media outlets, as well as the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. You can view those results, links to media coverage, and learn more about us at our KnowRivalry.com website BUT we'd prefer you didn't until you completed the survey via the link above... we don't want to influence your opinions provided in the survey.

We use the Qualtrics online survey software for data collection. This academic research has been approved by two US universities' Institutional Review Boards (IRB) and it poses no risks to respondents. You'll find more information on the disclosure agreement that is required to start the survey. Thank you for helping us to include the Los Angeles Angels by participating and please feel free to share this with any other fans that may also help.

Jonah, Student Researcher, Northern Kentucky University

Dr. Joe Cobbs, Northern Kentucky University

Dr. David Tyler, University of Massachusetts—Amherst

Very cool survey. It was interesting coming to the conclusion that while the Dodgers seem to be the Angels' primary rival, I don't know if the Dodgers would consider the Angels their primary rival. If the Angels were consistently competing for a playoff spot, their main rival might be the Astros of A's, but because we suck we're more focused on our geographic rival, the Dodgers.

Anyway, I had fun with this question:

Screenshot_20210604-075408.jpg

My response to why I rated the rivals as I did: 

Screenshot_20210604-100034_Chrome.jpg

Also, @sportprof101, I'm curious if you've found meaningful differences in responses to surveys when using a 7-point agreement scale versus a 5-point one? I work in entertainment market research and in my own work, i haven't found a 7-point scale to be better/more insightful. 

Thanks for posting and good luck with the study!