• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday thread: Angels @ Giants (5-31-21) Walsh batting cleanup

6 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Oh I dunno, it could have something to do with his 6.49 ERA this season. Also, 4 ER in 5 2/3 isn't exactly a good start.

At the time I posted that it wasn’t 4 runs.  But in the end.  Relatively it’s not that bad.  I wasn’t arguing that his overall line is good.  Or even that this was a great start.   Bundy kept them in the game.  Would have been nice to get more from him but we didn’t.  They didn’t score runs.  What difference does it make if he went 6 and gave up 2 or 3 instead.  If he got one more out and gave up 3 in 6 innings you wouldn’t be saying anything.  

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

At the time I posted that it wasn’t 4 runs.  But in the end.  Relatively it’s not that bad.  I wasn’t arguing that his overall line is good.  Or even that this was a great start.   Bundy kept them in the game.  Would have been nice to get more from him but we didn’t.  They didn’t score runs.  What difference does it make if he went 6 and gave up 2 or 3 instead.  If he got one more out and gave up 3 in 6 innings you wouldn’t be saying anything.  

It was 3 runs in 5 innings which also isn't good. Regardless, yes, I would still point out how bad he has been this season.

6 minutes ago, failos said:

Nah. What are we playing for anymore? to please Giants fans? I’d rather Ohtani not risk getting injured.

Late last year, Ohtani was doing some fielding at 1B. Put him at first and Walsh in RF. I don't want him hurt either but it seems as one of the better hitters on the team, his bat is being wasted on the bench in NL parks unless he's pitching. 

2 hours ago, Justin said:

Would that really be that much worse than what we're watching?

A #1 overall pick would at least be something to look forward to. 

Hope!

2 hours ago, ukyah said:

dylan bundy is 0-6. wow! he was our preseason #1. i was very disappointed with our pitching acquisitions, but goddamn that's awful.

It looked good on paper

8 hours ago, bruin5 said:

But he went to Anaheim High School which means you add 100 points to his BA making him a .290 hitter.  

What pisses me off is they talk about him like he’s some type of success, a real “feel good” story.  

That's a weird thing to be pissed off about 

15 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’ve been saying it for years !

We're stuck in the middle of Suckage Land. 72-to-80 wins each year, not enough losses to get a high draft pick. Same thing, year after year. Pure misery with no long-term plan, but not enough misery to keep people from attending games and forking over their money to Arte and Co.

We need a 5-year complete rebuild from the farm system up. It would actually be good to lose 100-110 games each of the next few years like the Astros did while building their tremendous team from the ground up. Package everyone except Trout and Ohtani, hire many more qualified scouts, get better coaches, and find people who can actually play winning baseball with a burning desire to win. That's the ticket. Turn this mediocre franchise completely around

A mindset change has to first take place at the top.

Only when sufficient payroll is allocated for FO, scouting, and development, can the improving of the franchise start.

No more high-priced FA hitters brought in, only keeping the best of your own.

And get a real pitching coach in here, since Callaway is officially done.   Matt Wise ain’t cutting it.

Consider this.   How many draftees and int’l signees since 2010 have made it to MLB and had at least a little success?   Maybe a handful?

Edited by Angel Oracle