• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mets looking for OF’ers....

DMVol

19 minutes ago, DMVol said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/05/mets-trade-rumors-outfield-injuries.html

I would suggest a veteran guy from the Angels...only has one more year on his contract at $28 million....hitting .197 with a .669 OPS..... just the kind of guy the Mets MUST be looking for.

Edited by True Grich

28 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I would suggest a veteran guy from the Angels...only has one more year on his contract....streaky and can carry a team when he’s hot.....would not require a premium prospect in return.... @Stradling .....I know he has a no-trade clause.....

I’d at least kick the tires.  All both parties can say is no. 

46 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Angels would have to eat a lot of that contract. I was thinking Lagares

Upton is still (potentially) a decent enough player that I wouldn't want to eat too much of the deal....Better to keep him rather than eat 2/3 of his money, or something like that.... I guess we could take somebody back to even up the  money some....it happened with Mo Vaughn and Kevin Appier, right?  Same team, we can dream....

3 hours ago, DMVol said:

I would suggest a veteran guy from the Angels...only has one more year on his contract....streaky and can carry a team when he’s hot.....would not require a premium prospect in return.... @Stradling .....I know he has a no-trade clause.....

Not sure he is any better than what the Mets already have.

Lagares and Ward come to mind.  Rojas and Adell are also considerations.

I think there are teams with better players available than what the Angels can offer.

53 minutes ago, GoodTimesGoneBad said:

Upton for McCann? Too soon? 

Pitching....the Angels need pitching.  For fucks sake, is it really that hard to understand?  McCann does nothing to address the most obvious and continuous issue the Angels have had for the past six years.

3 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Pitching....the Angels need pitching.  For fucks sake, is it really that hard to understand?  McCann does nothing to address the most obvious and continuous issue the Angels have had for the past six years.

And if you think we can trade Upton for pitching, bless your sweet little heart. 

2 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Angels are not getting anything of value for Upton. Halos would have to eat 85% of his contract. Lagares might get low level prospect.

8 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Angels are not getting anything of value for Upton. Halos would have to eat 85% of his contract. Lagares might get low level prospect.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Just my opinion but I don’t think Lagares brings back anything at all.  He might bring back Cash. 

Other than a few players, the roster has very little value, which only creates more problems.

45 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Wasn’t a serious suggestion but I’m glad you got worked up over it. 

1 hour ago, GoodTimesGoneBad said:

I wasn’t serious but actually they’re owed about the same. Upton is due the remaining amount of 23M this year and 28M next year. McCann signed for 4 years 40M last offseason. 

We aren’t very good at C so I might consider it....but I doubt the Mets would...