• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Royals (3/19/2021) Bundy on the bump!

Chuck

4 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

Adell really has no excuse to be a bad defender. That's why it's so frustrating to watch him play so abysmally. 

As bad as he's been, I think today's gaffe was the least ugly...  I think he genuinely lost the ball in the sun which I've seen quite a few guys do in ST this year.   But yeah man he screams Marcell Ozuna out there.

I get it, he’s been really, really bad. I think he stopped working on his D altogether and became obsessed with this swing. My point is just that he fielded well in the minors, and there’s no reason for me to think he doesn’t have the ability. People are acting like he has no instincts or abilities. He was a fine fielder in the minors. He’s 21. He has the ability to regain what he’s clearly lost through reps. Fielding is not something you can’t improve. 

2 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

I get it, he’s been really, really bad. I think he stopped working on his D altogether and became obsessed with this swing. My point is just that he fielded well in the minors, and there’s no reason for me to think he doesn’t have the ability. People are acting like he has no instincts or abilities. He was a fine fielder in the minors. He’s 21. He has the ability to regain what he’s clearly lost through reps. Fielding is not something you can’t improve. 

Was he really a "fine fielder" in the minors? That's something scouts don't really look at unless you're a SS or catcher.

I never watched him. But watching him now, he pretty obviously doesn't have the instincts. If he does and I'm missing something, that would be awesome.

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Was he really a "fine fielder" in the minors? That's something scouts don't really look at unless you're a SS or catcher.

I never watched him. But watching him now, he pretty obviously doesn't have the instincts. If he does and I'm missing something, that would be awesome.

He looks pretty terrible out there to me, but fortunately, he's slated to spend a good chunk of the year in the minors.  I don't know how much can be fixed, but he's still young.  The concern to me is his propensity to appear to lose focus repeatedly and just miss the ball somehow.  He has the athleticism, so it's not like he isn't athletic enough to be a good fielder, but man, he does need a ton of reps or something to try to improve.

13 hours ago, HaloSpurs said:

I really think we should lock up Bundy to an extension sooner rather than later - he’s only going to get more expensive 

Hard to put a value on him right now - if he sustains 2020, he'd be in demand as a FA next season.  

What do we think it'd take?  3/30?  

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Bundy will be 29 at start of 22. If he pitches like he did in 20 I'd start at 4/60.  

Yes - he'd be worth that, *if* his '21 looks like '20 with no signs of injury/regression (with a deader ball, who knows, he might be even better.)  

I was more thinking "what could we sign him for today" with the team taking on the risk of regression?   

Depending on how they all perform, I’d rather drop the QO on him, the Iglesias bros, and Heaney. Then turn around and sign Stroman and Gausman who won’t have the QO attached. This would drastically increase the talent level in the minors with all the extra picks and give us some breathing room if we sign Seager or Story. 

On 3/20/2021 at 6:29 AM, tdawg87 said:

Any game I was able to watch, it was never noticeable. And he made a few really nice plays. And because he's been an elite prospect since drafted, I think they've been paying attention to all aspects of his game. He just hasn't put in the requisite work as he's gone up a level (MLB). He needs to be sat down and told by Maddon and Perry that they won't bring him up until he's ready at the plate and he's not a liability in the field. I'm not necessarily worried about him being told that, because I know how important it is to Maddon and how much run prevention matters to Perry. I am optimistic he can become an adequate defender (Upton of 3-4 years ago).