• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Major League Baseball (News, Notes & Scores around the League)

Chuck

20 minutes ago, Ender said:

I dunno who the fuck Means is but he was disgusting today.

Kinda funny but...  a couple years ago when Means broke out on the scene, I saw him dealing and as someone who tracks the minors pretty hard was shocked to have no clue who he was...  So, I went to Google his name to seek out more info.... Google hilariously listed the meanings for John, and nothing actually about John Means... He was that big of a nobody.

Guessing that might not be the case anymore after today's performance

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Kinda funny but...  a couple years ago when Means broke out on the scene, I saw him dealing and as someone who tracks the minors pretty hard was shocked to have no clue who he was...  So, I went to Google his name to seek out more info.... Google hilariously listed the meanings for John, and nothing actually about John Means... He was that big of a nobody.

Guessing that might not be the case anymore after today's performance

That's strange, seeing as he only had 1 season in the minors with an era over 4. 

In 2017, he had an era of 4.11 in AA. 

Hi @Tank!

2 hours ago, Lou said:

That's strange, seeing as he only had 1 season in the minors with an era over 4. 

In 2017, he had an era of 4.11 in AA. 

Hi @Tank!while 

What's strange about it?  He was a nobody, the 29th ranked prospect in a weak Orioles system where 16 other pitchers made the list ahead of him.

Minor league ERA has zero context, isnt weighted, ignores league factors, and age to league factors. He was a 46th round draft pick who was 25 years old when he started that AA season. I mean the Orioles thought so much of his performance in 2017 that they sent him back to AA to start 2018.

He was basically Packy Naughty with lesser results and a boring name. 

Props to you if you knew who he was and predicted he would be a better MLB pitcher than he was a MiLB pitcher.  I certainly didn't.

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

What's strange about it?  He was a nobody, the 29th ranked prospect in a weak Orioles system where 16 other pitchers made the list ahead of him.

Minor league ERA has zero context, isnt weighted, ignores league factors, and age to league factors. He was a 46th round draft pick who was 25 years old when he started that AA season. I mean the Orioles thought so much of his performance in 2017 that they sent him back to AA to start 2018.

He was basically Packy Naughty with lesser results and a boring name. 

Props to you if you knew who he was and predicted he would be a better MLB pitcher than he was a MiLB pitcher.  I certainly didn't.

Thank you.