• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Four MLB players who could request a trade, including Mike Trout and a forgotten Yankees player

gotbeer

mike-trout-5.png

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/four-mlb-players-who-could-request-a-trade-including-mike-trout-and-a-forgotten-yankees-player/

And no, they are not saying that Trout has requested a trade.  Just that Arenado looked like a fixture just like Trout with a no trade clause.  But he got tired of the noise and wanted out.  And could you blame Trout if he wanted to win?

If he hasn't by now, I don't think he ever will.  Love Trout but my one issue with the guy has always been that he just doesn't seem to get as bothered by losing as I wish he did.  Him putting pressure on the front office would go a long way.  I see Rendon requesting a trade well before Trout ever gets to that point.

1 minute ago, mmc said:

If he hasn't by now, I don't think he ever will.  Love Trout but my one issue with the guy has always been that he just doesn't seem to get as bothered by losing as I wish he did.  Him putting pressure on the front office would go a long way.  I see Rendon requesting a trade well before Trout ever gets to that point.

This statement couldn’t be any further from the truth.

1 minute ago, mmc said:

How do you know? Trout is low key when it comes to the media and voicing his concerns publicly.

1 minute ago, Bronson said:

This statement couldn’t be any further from the truth.

I mean it's just an opinion so...

1 minute ago, failos said:

How do you know? Trout is low key when it comes to the media and voicing his concerns publicly.

No one knows what goes on behind the scenes, but I get the sense if the team was actually worried about the possibility of Trout being unhappy here, Quintana and Cobb wouldn't be the pitching additions.

Two things,
#1 I cant imagine anyone would actually blame him at this point.
#2 Anyone that thinks this cant happen, is kidding themselves.
No one knows what goes on behind closed doors.  The guy is smart, he doesnt negotiated in the media, but the idea that he would be ok with losing his entire career is beyond silly.
If we are terrible again this year or dont make the post, i would almost be surprised if he didnt do so. 

Sigh.. 

The people worried about this today are the same people who believed..  "OMG, I can't believe they just renewed him, what a slap in the face, he's totally going to leave."  and then..  "OMG, they haven't done enough to impress him, he's totally going to leave."

These people also tend to think the highpoint of effort is a guy pitching a fit when things don't go right, so they thought Disar was great and Edmonds was a pussy because he smiled after losses.    As youth players these people threw their bats on the ground made a lot of noise when they failed because "they cared" -- they were generally hated by every other player on the team but in their mind they were the MVP... 

Trout seems content here doing whatever they’re doing. If he wasn’t he probably wouldn’t have signed that extension. He gets his privacy and beach life. Can’t complain.

7 minutes ago, mmc said:

I see Rendon requesting a trade well before Trout ever gets to that point.

Rendon has his ring, he’s good. He looked pretty content at that press conference being able to move his family/young daughter out to the beach and live a quiet life. 

I don’t think having Pujols around these days makes any of this better either. The guy is in terrible shape and making a killing. 

1 minute ago, CanadianHalo said:

Trout seems content here doing whatever they’re doing. If he wasn’t he probably wouldn’t have signed that extension.

I think it's less about being content and more about him believing in the process and what they are trying to do.  He's a lot of things, but he's not naive/stupid.

Trout seems content here doing whatever they’re doing. If he wasn’t he probably wouldn’t have signed that extension. He gets his privacy and beach life. Can’t complain.

Rendon has his ring, he’s good. He looked pretty content at that press conference being able to move his family/young daughter out to the beach and live a quiet life. 

I don’t think having Pujols around these days makes any of this better either. The guy is in terrible shape and making a killing. 

Agreed, but he also said one of the main reasons he signed is because Arte said he would be adding other major pieces along with him, which over a year later, has not happened yet.  Not certain this is something that would ever make him want to leave, just that I think it's more likely than Trout ever requesting a trade.

14 minutes ago, mmc said:

What would you classify as being bothered by losing. Throwing his glove, breaking his bat, cursing during interviews? There is no universal way to deal with losing. But I will say that: 

Losing is a disease... as contagious as polio

Losing is a disease... as contagious as syphilis

Losing is a disease... as contagious as bubonic plague

Attacking one... but infecting all

But curable!

So leave Trout alone!

It's writer speculation on a slow sports day during the off season.  Seems apparent from the article which quotes something posted here last year that Trout wants to win, doesn't like losing and wants to get to the playoffs.  Just because he isn't always vocal about it in the media nor is he bashing gatorade containers with a bat in the dugout doesn't mean he doesn't want to win.  Anything is possible but there's been nothing to imply he has thought about playing elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

I think it's less about being content and more about him believing in the process and what they are trying to do.  He's a lot of things, but he's not naive/stupid.

True, we have what seems to be a nice young group about to breakthrough right away. Detmers, Adell, Marsh and hopefully Rodriguez. 

Maybe once they’re up and have shown enough for everyone to get a better understanding of their potential things may change. 

We’ll see, by that time Trout will be older and his contract may be extremely tough to move. I really do think Trout is good with where he is. He isn’t the type to ever speak ill towards his teammates regardless of the situation. 

True, we have what seems to be a nice young group about to breakthrough right away. Detmers, Adell, Marsh and hopefully Rodriguez. 

Maybe once they’re up and have shown enough for everyone to get a better understanding of their potential things may change. 

We’ll see, by that time Trout will be older and his contract may be extremely tough to move. I really do think Trout is good with where he is. He isn’t the type to ever speak ill towards his teammates regardless of the situation. 

Anything is possible.  But I'd bet he is better informed about the team's plans, it's prospects and what it's future holds than any of us -- and that was true when he chose to essentially marry himself to the organization.