• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Indians trading Lindor and Carrasco to the Mets for Gimenez, Rosario, 2 prospects

mmc

I'd say this establishes that bigger financial obligations will not return excessive amounts in prospect capital.

The Mets took on a lot of salary with this trade, and gave up a bunch of serviceable pieces but no one of note besides Gimenez, who is basically not as good as Fletcher, with more control. We don't have an infield prospect that would be worth similar value, but this is basically less than Marsh, more than Adams in Value. Something like the combo of Sandoval and Detmers or Adams and Jackson.

That being said, taking on Castellanos is a non-starter for me based on his defensive skills, but I would be willing to take on Moustakas's deal in return for some similar prospects, in order to get Gray and Stephenson from the Reds.

This would likely cost Adams and Sandoval, and then pieces like Rengifo, Thaiss, etc. Or Minor leaguers with similar values like Jackson, or Paris.

Moustakas would have to play some 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and maybe OF. Fletcher would play more OF obviously.

Gray helps the rotation, and Stephenson obviously slots in at Catcher.

I think the Reds would have to kick in $10M over the next 2 years, so they could get a better prospect return.

Hows this potential deal?

1 hour ago, Pancake Bear said:

So, here's the thing: If Bauer could be had for 5/125, I think a lot more teams would be in. Also, assuming you can just replace Upton, Bundy, and Heaney with a bunch of guys who've never actually played in the show, no big deal, is highly speculative. Also, incredibly unlikely to work. At least one or two of those guys will either be busts or need more development time before they're anything close to legit replacements. 

Agree, but would still like to wait a year on trading any key prospects.   Seeing how they fare in the minors in 2021 will be very helpful.

16 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I'd say this establishes that bigger financial obligations will not return excessive amounts in prospect capital.

The Mets took on a lot of salary with this trade, and gave up a bunch of serviceable pieces but no one of note besides Gimenez, who is basically not as good as Fletcher, with more control. We don't have an infield prospect that would be worth similar value, but this is basically less than Marsh, more than Adams in Value. Something like the combo of Sandoval and Detmers or Adams and Jackson.

That being said, taking on Castellanos is a non-starter for me based on his defensive skills, but I would be willing to take on Moustakas's deal in return for some similar prospects, in order to get Gray and Stephenson from the Reds.

This would likely cost Adams and Sandoval, and then pieces like Rengifo, Thaiss, etc. Or Minor leaguers with similar values like Jackson, or Paris.

Moustakas would have to play some 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and maybe OF. Fletcher would play more OF obviously.

Gray helps the rotation, and Stephenson obviously slots in at Catcher.

I think the Reds would have to kick in $10M over the next 2 years, so they could get a better prospect return.

Hows this potential deal?

If substituting Musgrove and Stallings, what would it take?

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

If substituting Musgrove and Stallings, what would it take?

I think without the bad contract it’s a lot more value. I don’t know if the pirates have a contract they need to move but you’re talking Marsh and Sandoval minimum for not as great of a return.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Seems like the answer then is to either sign Bauer, or sign Odorizzi plus one of the other lesser FA pitchers?

Would be nice to see all of the key prospects stay for one more season, being that no minor league ball was played in 2020.

That would be best but ever it takes to get a couple of new, good SP signed beyond this year.

11 minutes ago, Hubs said:

At this point they need to sign Bauer and then move on to whatever else they can get, even if that’s Jaime Barria in the fifth starter spot. (Bauer, Heaney, Bundy, Canning, Barria, Ohtani) is a good rotation, maybe the best in the AL West if they all stay healthy.

get Bauer at 20m in his first year

one year deal of 8-9m for Quintana which give Sandoval, Rodriguez, Barria, Detmers and maybe Suarez to establish themselves for next year.  I would also consider doing an option year or even a second year for Quintana.  

sign Bundy to an extension.  

wait for the rest of the chips to fall in order to finish off the rest ie another pen piece and maybe a guy like flowers or Suzuki, as well as a lefty platoon bat in RF.  

23 hours ago, Dochalo said:

one year deal of 8-9m for Quintana which give Sandoval, Rodriguez, Barria, Detmers and maybe Suarez to establish themselves for next year.  I would also consider doing an option year or even a second year for Quintana.  

wait for the rest of the chips to fall in order to finish off the rest ie another pen piece and maybe a guy like flowers or Suzuki, as well as a lefty platoon bat in RF.  

I think this would be both a realistic plan and something that would greatly improve the team. But I think Quintana gets closer to 2/24 or 3/36. In any event, Bauer and Quintana would make this team a legit contender. 

On 1/8/2021 at 1:35 PM, Dochalo said:

I'd be good with this.