• AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month 
    Click on the image above to donate!

Indians trading Lindor and Carrasco to the Mets for Gimenez, Rosario, 2 prospects

VINTAGE. BASEBALL. STORY. 
Visit Big Fly Gear to get your baseball apparel today!
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am I your bitch? But ok, one moment...

Trading pitching for pitching doesn't make any sense to me.

Posted Images

• mmc changed the title to Indians trading Lindor and Carrasco to the Mets for Giminez, Rosario, 2 prospects
6 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Lindor will probably get 20-22mil.  Carrasco + Lindor will be about 34mil added.  If they sign Springer to 20mil+ .. I mean, they could add Bauer, but they'd already be at 200mil prior to adding Bauer.

I could also see him doing what the Dogs did the first few years and spend like a drunk sailor to solidify their mark and forget about past owners.  It could go either way.  But by the looks of it, they do seem like they want to be relevant in NY again.

Mets and Pads putting in work!
The NL is going to be a lot of fun this year.
Now about that going back to no DH thing... 

As far as us, may help, may hurt, per Sportrac the Mets with Lindor and Carrasco are only still at about 165M.  They could still do Bauer and not get taxed.   Unless im misreading it. 

@Stradling

Adell, Canning, Fletcher, Jackson, and Sandoval would get us close (148.1 to the Reds 150.7).

(Yes, I'm your bitch)

Castillo isn't going to happen. His trade value is 114.8, which is 9th highest among all major leaguers - higher than Trout (due to Trout's mega-contract).  He's a 28-year pitcher who has the 11th highest fWAR over the last two seasons, and is under club control on arb salaries for the next three years. Still, it does seem the Trade sim values him a bit too highly, although he does have more upside.

Gray is definitely do-able, at 35.9, and is much more appealing because he wouldn't cost as much and is only a hair below Castillo. He's under club control for 3/$32M for his age 31-33 seasons and is a bonafide Wheeler-esque #2. 

Edited by Angelsjunky
  • mmc changed the title to Indians trading Lindor and Carrasco to the Mets for Gimenez, Rosario, 2 prospects