• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Election - The Epilogue

Just now, st1ckboy said:

Lol. What a little bitch.

Trump will be first president in 152 years to skip his successor's inauguration - CBS News
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-will-not-attend-biden-inauguration/

If he showed up you would complain anyway saying "He shouldn't be anywhere near D.C." or something similar. I mean who gives a fuck?

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they do maybe we get a legitimate 3rd party but I'm not holding my breath.  If they don't get it together or a third party is created that appeals to moderates on both sides (!) then the D's should maintain complete control in 2022.  The outcome of the 2020 election after appealing to the bat shit insane fringe groups and buying into the Trump way of politicking crying foul without any proof should be a wake up call. Unfortunately the last few decades have shown both sides don't learn as much from their mistakes as they should.

1 minute ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

If they do maybe we get a legitimate 3rd party but I'm not holding my breath.  If they don't get it together or a third party is created that appeals to moderates on both sides (!) then the D's should maintain complete control in 2022.  The outcome of the 2020 election after appealing to the bat shit insane fringe groups and buying into the Trump way of politicking crying foul without any proof should be a wake up call. Unfortunately the last few decades have shown both sides don't learn as much from their mistakes as they should.

While I wish the GOP would just die, these people, while sinister and nefarious are not idiots. They'll rebound in time to take the house in 2022. Every time it looks like one of the duopoly is dead, the other party regresses. It's too easy to blame the party in power for shit. 

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

Lol. What a little bitch.

Trump will be first president in 152 years to skip his successor's inauguration - CBS News
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-will-not-attend-biden-inauguration/

I am pretty sure Biden said he wouldn’t be invited anyway.

non story

Edited by mtangelsfan

They're not idiots and I could definitely see them taking the senate or house back but the last few months in particular or anything close to it isn't going to work in some of the states that would swing control.  They can get away it in some hardcore red states but the states that went blue like Arizona and Georgia they're not going to win back with that approach.  Blaming the party in power absolutely works but it works best if enough middle of the road voters are fed up with the party in power.  I'll never discount the ability of either side to fumble away an opportunity but at some point the parties need to actually change with the times and one seems to be a lot better at that in recent years.     

4 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I am pretty sure Biden said he wouldn’t be invited anyway.

non story

He didn't. 

"So in that sense, a protocol of the transfer of power I think is important, but it is totally his decision and of no personal consequence to me, but I do think it is for the country."

1 minute ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

They're not idiots and I could definitely see them taking the senate or house back but the last few months in particular or anything close to it isn't going to work in some of the states that would swing control.  They can get away it in some hardcore red states but the states that went blue like Arizona and Georgia they're not going to win back with that approach.  Blaming the party in power absolutely works but it only works if enough middle of the road voters are fed up with the party in power.     

What I think may make a difference in future elections is the reason people are voting. I think this last election was more about Trump as opposed to actual policies of the candidates. If states like Arizona and Georgia are not happy with Biden policies then they may easily turn back red. The 2020 elections were rather unique with having trump in the mix. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

What I think may make a difference in future elections is the reason people are voting. I think this last election was more about Trump as opposed to actual policies of the candidates. If states like Arizona and Georgia are not happy with Biden policies then they may easily turn back red. The 2020 elections were rather unique with having trump in the mix. 

2020 was 2016 with the roles flipped.  In 2016 people voted against Hillary or didn't turn out to vote because of Hillary and in 2020 they turned out to vote against Trump.  Voters can and absolutely will get complacent as barring something drastic 2024 will have a lower turnout than 2020.  If the dems don't do enough to appease the groups that feel they're owed for helping them win then a state like Georgia can definitely go red.  Seems ridiculous to bank more on the other side screwing up rather than fixing problems in your own party but that's politics.   

20 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

He didn't. 

"So in that sense, a protocol of the transfer of power I think is important, but it is totally his decision and of no personal consequence to me, but I do think it is for the country."

I just looked back, misread the title of an opinion piece on “thehill “

regardless, Biden thinks it is a good thing so still a non-story 

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

I just looked back, misread the title of an opinion piece on “thehill “

regardless, Biden thinks it is a good thing so still a non-story 

Is it a big story that has impact on people's lives? No. I'm still going to make fun of him being a little bitch and not going though. 

5 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Is it a big story that has impact on people's lives? No. I'm still going to make fun of him being a little bitch and not going though. 

It's petty and fits the "angry four year old" behavior pattern he's somehow standardized at this point... but ultimately has absolutely zero effect on anything or anyone other than his nutswingers.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Just a question, is the country better or worse off now that he isn’t going?

The idiots with guns who still believe the election was stolen by the Deep State could be assuaged if Trump admitted he lost and was physically present for the transfer of power. Actually, the 70% of Republicans who believe the election wasn't fair might stop believing in conspiracy theories.

So Trump not appearing at the inauguration is a "non story," sure, but it's indicative of how toxic he's been to our country.

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The idiots with guns who still believe the election was stolen by the Deep State could be assuaged if Trump admitted he lost and was physically present for the transfer of power. Actually, the 70% of Republicans who believe the election wasn't fair might stop believing in conspiracy theories.

So Trump not appearing at the inauguration is a "non story," sure, but it's indicative of how toxic he's been to our country.

Sorry no need to type all that out. LChan and MT already deemed it a non story. Move along. Move along.