• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cubs trade Yu Darvish and Victor Caratini to the Padres

mmc

• mmc changed the title to Cubs trade Yu Darvish and Victor Caratini to the Padres for Zach Davies, Reginald Preciado, Owen Cassie, Ismael Mena, and Yeison Santana
2 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Could we have topped this offer?  The Padres prospects are ranked 11, 13, 15, and 16 which seems to me would translate to being in the 5-10 range in our organization.  Guess maaaaybe we could've topped the offer, but it would've exhausted all of our farm depth, which I wouldn't mind doing for a guy like Castillo, but not someone as old as Darvish.

Just now, mmc said:

Could we have topped this offer?  The Padres prospects are ranked 11, 13, 15, and 16 which seems to me would translate to being in the 5-10 range in our organization.  Guess maaaaybe we could've topped the offer, but it would've exhausted all of our farm depth, which I wouldn't mind doing for a guy like Castillo, but not someone as old as Darvish.

Well then they better go out and get Castillo then. 

Because they’re running out of excuses as to why they can’t get pitching at this point 

43 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

LOL.  Takes like this amuse me.  Seems like Angels fans always think we could have "topped" some other team's offer.  If this is a regular occurence, did ya ever stop to think that maaaaaaybe, just maybe other teams don't view Angels prospects and ML players as highly as we do? 

Edited by jsnpritchett

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

LOL.  Takes like this amuse me.  Seems like Angels fans always think we could have "topped" some other teams offer.  If this is a regular occurence, did ya ever stop to think that maaaaaaybe, just maybe other teams don't view Angels prospects and ML players as highly as we do? 

Or Minasian doesn’t want to trade our top ten just yet?

Bauer's gonna hurt if/when he signs somewhere else, because like Cole he's what we need: A top pitcher. We probably don't really have the resources to afford to make that big of a dent in our farm for anything more than a mid rotation type. Bauer and Gray/Musgrove might be the best pair we could afford with our payroll considerations. 

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Does this make anyone feel better about the Angels plan this off season?  I mean, Arte has said payroll isn’t going down, and there is a really good pitcher that was basically a salary dump.  To me it comes across like they have a bigger plan.  

That's the hopeful/optimist take. The other take is the Angels continuing to miss out on acquiring good pitchers like the last 2 or 3 off seasons.

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Does this make anyone feel better about the Angels plan this off season?  I mean, Arte has said payroll isn’t going down, and there is a really good pitcher that was basically a salary dump.  To me it comes across like they have a bigger plan.  

Last season I thought we had a plan. Until it happens, I'm nervous.

Just now, Angels 1961 said:

Depends on what they do with money saved and what they get for Zach Davies

no it doesn't. they could spend the money on hookers and blow, which is a great way to spend money btw, and it still wouldn't mean bo diddley in regards to the trade. the only thing that makes the trade look better is if they're right on those young guys and a couple hit as regulars or better.