• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Most important issues.

11 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

We have to get passed the lobbies of pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies and trial lawyers start tackling costs in all areas.  I agree that health care should not be tied into your profession.

I agree with all this. Insurance companies, lobbyists, and hospital boards all share part of the blame.

1 minute ago, Spin Rate said:

I agree with all this. Insurance companies, lobbyists, and hospital boards all share part of the blame.

Montana is kind of weird though which is why it interests me. Like MT said their current governor is a Dem. He's running for the Senate and if he wins that would mean both their senators would be dems. A state that Trump will win easily.

2 hours ago, Spin Rate said:

Seems like most of us agree that health care costs too much. In your opinion, what is/are the best solution(s) for health care costs?

Abolish patents, ease on malpractice claim validity abs deregulate enough to allow easy entrance to the market for entrepreneurs.

2 hours ago, Spin Rate said:

Republicans have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they no longer care about integrity in their elected leaders.

They are running a candidate for Congress here who is an ex-professional wrestler with a history of physical assault and domestic violence - while calling his opponent "corrupt". That seems to be the new Republican buzzword.

1 minute ago, calscuf said:

Were going to hope people keep creating things out of the goodness of their hearts?  Did AOC or @Angelsjunky hack your computer?

It changes the economics for sure but I think there are ways to pivot and the current patent environment is ridiculous the way companies can get new patents by making slight adjustments to old technology or medicines.

Making healthcare a right and removing profit from healthcare is far more damaging to innovation.

it’s a great racket they got going now

1 hour ago, Adam said:

It changes the economics for sure but I think there are ways to pivot and the current patent environment is ridiculous the way companies can get new patents by making slight adjustments to old technology or medicines.

They don't even have to make adjustments, just find a different use for them and the patent can be renewed. Another trick is putting two old drugs together in one pill. Since they weren't available together, it's a "new drug" and, bingo, new patent.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

23 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

1. Owning the cons

2. Having a master troll for POTUS 

3. Sick memes

After that probably health care (including mental health, drug addiction counseling, and better care for veterans especially those with PTSD), climate change, Chargers improving their record in one score games.

I’m adding mental health treatment to my list too 

This is a good thread, @mtangelsfan. This is the type of discussion I'll happily engage in. 

For me, the most important issues are:

Healthcare - Let's face it, the healthcare in this country is...not great. It may be fine for well-off middle class people, but it's atrocious for the lower class. I'm all about Universal healthcare but I understand that causes an issue with taxes and the possibility that the care itself will not be up to standard (long wait times, etc...) It's also incredibly difficult to implement at this point in time. Nearly impossible, even. But I think there needs to be some serious reform and I think it can be done in a way that benefits the people (all people) and not the insurance companies. Everyone from top to bottom should be paying far less for healthcare.

Climate change - Look I know many conservatives don't think this is an issue. I've dug my feet far into the sand on this one and I think people need to stop treating climate change as a political stance (yes I'm aware of the irony here). It's an issue that affects everyone and will greatly impact our children (shut up, Lou. With all due respect). This is something we can work together on. And honestly, whether you think it's an issue or not, don't you think helping the environment is a good thing? I know, the deficit. I understand. But spending money to improve the planet we live on shouldn't be a problem. Yes, as long as it's reasonable. I'll meet you halfway there.

Black Lives Matter - You knew this was coming. I won't get into too much detail as I've exhausted it before, but suffice to say there is still a problem with racism in this country. I'm not talking about systemic racism. I'm talking about straight up good ol fashioned trailer park Mississippi walmart truck pool racism. And yes, the police are a problem. Maybe not a "defund the police" problem (I do not support that), but a problem enough that black people are legitimately scared when they interact with the police. White people on the internet cannot say "There is no racism in America". Go ahead @calscuf. If black people say they are still experiencing racism, I'll take their word for it. Because none of us white bitches can put ourselves in their shoes or experience what they do.

Just an example, every black youtuber I've talked to says they get called the n word dozens of times a day, every day. Doesn't matter the content. Anecdotal, yes, but one example I can provide. 

We need to be better. All of us. Every skin color, religion, gender, sexual preference. Gotta get better. 

18 hours ago, calscuf said:

If you guys want to throw the intellectual property baby out with the intellectual property bath water, go ahead and let’s see what fantastic things happen.  It’s such a ridiculous idea I thought Adam was punking me earlier.

I’m not 100% convinced I’m right about that but the arguments against it are compelling to me. 

this is a long read but if you get the shits...

https://mises.org/library/ideas-are-free-case-against-intellectual-property

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

So it looks like health care, taxes/spending/government size are two big concerns.

I note that neither guns nor abortion appear.  Trigger issues.

I posted things I think need to be fixed.

As far as abortion goes, nothing needs to change IMO. Pro choice, women control their own bodies. If they need/decide to get an abortion, I support it 100%. And yes, this is a trigger topic. 

Guns? I just don't care. I support the 2A. But I think we have far, far, far too many guns. Unfortunately nothing we can do about that. Can't take guns away at this point. Gun control isn't going to do shit here. So yeah, it is what it is.

The economy is important as it affects most everyone, except those with government jobs. A healthy economy where more people are working and can purchase cars, houses, etc. Not sitting at home waiting for a hand out.

Foreign affairs.

Health care

55 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That really makes no sense at all. You might as well say greater access to ammunition will lower gun deaths. 

If you believed that women get abortions primarily because they can and for convenience, then yes, the analogy you're making is logical.

But if you have an accurate understanding of abortion based on history and facts, you'd accept the truth that providing more social services to women decreases the number of abortions.