• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Most important issues.

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

No you are the one saying unplanned pregnancy is always the responsibility of the woman.

Nope, I just said they have rights and with those responsibilities. That includes making both parties responsible for their actions. You siding with abortion have forced a live or die decision on only the woman. That's pretty cruel. It's also a chickenshit easy way out for the male. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Nope, I just said they have rights and with those responsibilities. That includes making both parties responsible for their actions. You siding with abortion have forced a live or die decision on only the woman. That's pretty cruel. It's also a chickenshit easy way out for the male. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

No amount of social services prevent women from acting irresponsible about sex. Condoms and birth control is readily available but responsibility can't be handed over the counter. 

17 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

No amount of social services prevent women from acting irresponsible about sex. 

Where exactly did you mention men acting irresponsibly? 

A man can't act irresponsibly without consent, otherwise it is rape. I'm not sure you understand the whole concept of rights and responsibility involving heterosexual intercourse. 

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

A man can't act irresponsibly without consent, otherwise it is rape. I'm not sure you understand the whole concept of rights and responsibility involving heterosexual intercourse. 

Holy shit you really don't know anything about sex. So the responsibility about unprotected consensual sex and whether it leads to unplanned pregnancy always relies on the woman?

The majority of women who have abortions are lower class. They have abortions because they feel like they don't have the means to raise a child. If you surround them with a supportive community and equip them with the resources they need, they are far more likely to 1. use contraception or 2. have their child if they experience an unwanted pregnancy.

This is a good watch. It's from a guy who's a conservative Christian but understands the nuances of the abortion issue.

Edited by Spin Rate

8 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Holy shit you really don't know anything about sex. So the responsibility about unprotected consensual sex and whether it leads to unplanned pregnancy always relies on the woman?

Sometimes responsibility is an awful burden but if you are going to be the party that ultimately chooses the final outcome then you are the one that bears the responsibility of actions that leads to those choices. 

The male can choose as well but ultimately they do not have final say. Even if they want to bear children it can be overridden by the woman's right to choose, so in that aspect he really never had a choice in the first place. So intercourse with or without birth control is ultimately the woman's choice. 

So far my argument does not involve, educational status, economic class distinction, race or prejudice against either party. It is about basic responsibility for one's actions by acknowledging a woman's right to choose.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

i know this won't go over well with some of you, but maybe the abortion issue is evidence why the bible speaks out against sex before/without marriage. it's a manmade problem that doesn't need to exist.

Married couples can still have the same reasons for getting an abortion.

20 minutes ago, Tank said:

i know this won't go over well with some of you, but maybe the abortion issue is evidence why the bible speaks out against sex before/without marriage. it's a manmade problem that doesn't need to exist.

There are a bunch of practical reasons to wait until marriage. 

10 hours ago, Blarg said:

So you're saying that once the woman says "yes," the man's responsibility ends unless it is rape? Isn't he equally responsible if he ejaculates inside her? And more, if she tells him not to but he does anyway?

Edited by Angelsjunky

1 hour ago, Adam said:

There are a bunch of practical reasons to wait until marriage. 

Gotta sample the goods, though. 

Anyhow, that ship has sailed - or you can't put the genie back in the bottle. People have sexual freedom, mostly for the better but there are negative side effects.

Also, not everyone believes in the institution of marriage or feels like it is necessary to get the state involved in their relationship, beyond obvious tax benefits. 

I have two daughters, and I generally tell them don't have sex with someone unless you really like and trust them, preferably love them. But I never say "not until marriage."

Edited by Angelsjunky

9 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Gotta sample the goods, though. 

Anyhow, that ship has sailed - or you can't put the genie back in the bottle. People have sexual freedom, mostly for the better but there are negative side effects.

Also, not everyone believes in the institution of marriage or feels like it is necessary to get the state involved in their relationship, beyond obvious tax benefits. 

I have two daughters, and I generally tell them don't have sex with someone unless you really like and trust them, preferably love them. But I never say "not until marriage."

People should be free to do what they want for sure. I don't think telling your kids to do something or not to do something is ever effective.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

This is a teaching for Christians, so we shouldn't expect non-Christians to follow it. Even the vast majority of self-described Christians don't wait until marriage. Even Christians who have the goal of waiting until marriage mess up.

1 hour ago, Spin Rate said:

This is a teaching for Christians, so we shouldn't expect non-Christians to follow it. Even the vast majority of self-described Christians don't wait until marriage. Even Christians who have the goal of waiting until marriage mess up.

Do blow jobs count?

3 hours ago, Adam said:

People should be free to do what they want for sure. I don't think telling your kids to do something or not to do something is ever effective.

True. Parenting is impossible, of course, but I suppose we can hope that we plant seeds that will come to fruition later on, or that they can draw upon in a time of crisis.

But I'm a big believer in the idea that we have to make mistakes to learn, and that some amount of hardship is necessary in order to develop as an individual. I know, not a popular opinion among some lefties. Of course that's easier said than done with one's own children.

3 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

But I'm a big believer in the idea that we have to make mistakes to learn, and that some amount of hardship is necessary in order to develop as an individual. I know, not a popular opinion among some lefties. Of course that's easier said than done with one's own children.

I feel like conservatives are far more likely to shelter their children and be overprotective, but I could be totally off base about that.

2 minutes ago, Spin Rate said:

I feel like conservatives are far more likely to shelter their children and be overprotective, but I could be totally off base about that.

Maybe, although I think that has shifted somewhat in recent years. Conservatives may shelter more from media and cultural influences, but I think liberals tend to shelter from more situational stuff (e.g. chores, physical work, difficult experiences).

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Maybe, although I think that has shifted somewhat in recent years. Conservatives may shelter more from media and cultural influences, but I think liberals tend to shelter from more situational stuff (e.g. chores, physical work, difficult experiences).

I think liberal parents tend to be more permissive and conservative parents tend to be more authoritarian. Smart parents are authoritative. 

I'm not a parent (yet) so right now it's easy to be judgmental of parents.