• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This disaster lays at the feet of the owner...

Someone on Travis Rodgers' show this morning said the turning point was the Morales jump at the plate.

Only if Arte felt the need to bring on more big names to compliment the Pujols signing.

Even if Pujols was all on Arte, it's still the GM's job to tell him why it's unwise to sign an aging Pujols to a 10-year contract who had a chronic foot problem dating back to at least 2005 and had shown signs of decline in 2011 despite the postseason he had.

Not the Hackilton signing, I may have had a little warmth over it but still thought it was for too many years for someone whose body would likely break down shortly from the drug use in the past.   Maybe I would have gone 3 years/$75 million, with a 4th year option including a $5 million buyout, absolute max.

What about his 2 months of horrendous hitting in mid-2012 and disappearance down the stretch?

Yes, he clobbered a possible WS winning HR in 2011.   But, he clearly looked like a player beginning a decline in June 2012. 

The Was

The Washington Nationals of the District of Columbia. 

The New York Yankees of The Bronx

The New York Mets of Queens

I think other teams are missing out on it.  

Should be the New York Mets of Flushing, Queens (since Queens is usually referenced by its neighborhoods/old towns before being included as part of NYC in the late 19th/early 20th Centuries).

How about the Tampa Bay Rays of St Petersburg?

Minnesota Twins of Minneapolis (or, back in the days before the Heftydome, the Twins of Bloomington).

Texas Rangers of Arlington.

This team was built on bad karma.

1)Scioscia pushed Napoli out and denied it.

2)Scioscia let Reagins be the patsy fall guy.

3)Dipoto snuck out on the Diamondbacks to go try on some big boy pants. Arizona is doing just fine without him.

3)Dipoto traded Dan Haren.....twice!

4)Dipoto went against Sosh on Jeffy and brought in our latest, greatest catcher Iannetta and then extended him. Colorado has Dipoto on speed dial.

5)Arte loved what Pujols did to the Rangers one October night and decided he needed to have him regardless of what his new GM had to say.

6)Pujols ditched the City of St Louis. The Cardinals are doing fine without him.

7)CJ Wilson ditched Texas. The Rangers are doing just fine without him.

8)Hamilton ditched Texas and left his message with the Rangers fans. Texas is doing just fine without him.

9)Mike Trout was given minimum wage.

10)Torii Hunter was not given the whole truth about the teams financial condition.

This team was built on bad karma.

1)Scioscia pushed Napoli out and denied it.

2)Scioscia let Reagins be the patsy fall guy.

3)Dipoto snuck out on the Diamondbacks to go try on some big boy pants. Arizona is doing just fine without him.

3)Dipoto traded Dan Haren.....twice!

4)Dipoto went against Sosh on Jeffy and brought in our latest, greatest catcher Iannetta and then extended him. Colorado has Dipoto on speed dial.

5)Arte loved what Pujols did to the Rangers one October night and decided he needed to have him regardless of what his new GM had to say.

6)Pujols ditched the City of St Louis. The Cardinals are doing fine without him.

7)CJ Wilson ditched Texas. The Rangers are doing just fine without him.

8)Hamilton ditched Texas and left his message with the Rangers fans. Texas is doing just fine without him.

9)Mike Trout was given minimum wage.

10)Torii Hunter was not given the whole truth about the teams financial condition.

The Diamondbacks actually have Dipoto to thank for their success, which is due in large part to one Patrick Corbin.

Mathis is/was a joke. It was like we were an NL team with him in the lineup. Many pitchers hit better than he. Yeah, he could defend a little. He could also throw behind the runner (almost at second already) like nobody's business.

It could be said that Texas ditched CJ and Hamilton, but made smart business decisions in doing so.

The Trout contract is a non-issue. The team is not going to break precedent because Trout had one of the best rookie seasons ever. You have to prove yourself for more than one year to "earn" a pay raise. I doubt that is an issue even after this offseason.

Hunter didn't have to be told about the financials. I'm sure he was aware that the Angels were going to go hard after Greinke (if he wasn't, then he was very naive), so he was only staying here under very favorable terms (for the Angels). A business decision was made on both sides. But the financials were, frankly, none of Hunter's business.

The Diamondbacks actually have Dipoto to thank for their success, which is due in large part to one Patrick Corbin.

Mathis is/was a joke. It was like we were an NL team with him in the lineup. Many pitchers hit better than he. Yeah, he could defend a little. He could also throw behind the runner (almost at second already) like nobody's business.

The Trout contract is a non-issue. The team is not going to break precedent because Trout had one of the best rookie seasons ever. You have to prove yourself for more than one year to "earn" a pay raise. I doubt that is an issue even after this offseason.

Hunter didn't have to be told about the financials. I'm sure he was aware that the Angels were going to go hard after Greinke (if he wasn't, then he was very naive), so he was only staying here under very favorable terms (for the Angels). A business decision was made on both sides. But the financials were, frankly, none of Hunter's business.

Dipoto also got them Daniel Hudson, along with David Holmberg(their #5 prospect according to John Sickels) for Edwin Jackson.

Between Hudson and Corbin, along with potentially Skaggs and Holmberg in the nearish feature, there's a fair amount of good stuff there for the Dbacks that Dipoto brought them.

And ya, the Iannetta bit is odd. The Rockies had a hot prospect who happened to be a catcher, the Angels wanted to replace the historically awful Jeff Mathis with someone good, and Tyler Chatwood might not suck. Hooray for everyone.

Agreed on the Trout thing being a non-issue, and I couldn't possibly care less about what Torii did or didn't know about the team's financials.

You sound like Storm blaming people on here who might be misguided but actually want to see their team improve. It was stupid when he would say stuff like that and it's dumb when you say it YK. The stuff about Arte is spot on though, I like to talk crap about the Dodgers but in terms of baseball moves, you can't think about making them jealous or anything silly like that. 

who is storm?  I hope your not referring to me?