• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This disaster lays at the feet of the owner...

Bullshit. You contrarians are annoying me with these kind of responses just because you disagree with it. He's just a writer interacting with fans and giving his opinions (and what he's heard from the inside). If you disagree with it, fine, no one is forcing you to read it. He's a very respected member of the baseball world. I like what Law has to say most of the time, hence why I posted it.

It is all good. If Law said Arte is a fantastic owner, Scioscia is an amazing GM -- err manager -- and Dipoto is the problem the Arte/Scioscia apologists would be screaming up and down they have validation.

It is unreal how some demand nothing short of an affidavit from Reagins, the owner or Scisocia before accepting what I, and many others, believe to be blatantly true -- Arte is micromanager who inserts himself in player personnel decisions to the detriment of this franchise.

Perhaps he is the real Albert Pujols to the club.

"He thinks Arte is fully responsible for the Pujols and Hamilton contracts. He acknowledges that Blanton and Walden for Hanson were bad trades by Dipoto, but ultimately Arte is responsible for this mess, and Dipoto can't do his job with Arte constantly getting involved in player personnel decisions. I have to say, I think Arte has put us in a terrible position for the next 8 years, and I would be happy with new ownership at this point."......FireThemAll

How you can translate the acquisition of Hamilton and Pujols into busts less than 20% into their contracts is beyond silly.  We also don't know how much Arte gets involved into player personnel decisions.  He had input into these two deals, but it stands to reason that when you are spending this kind of money for these two individuals the owner better be involved.  I don't think Arte is fully responsibile for the Pujols and Hamilton contracts, Dipoto had every opportunity to raise his hand and say "no, absolutely the wrong move."  And why the heck is Keith Law just cherry picking two pitcher contracts, and saying those moves were key busts.  How about evaluating all of Dipoto's moves and decisions.  And also how about evaluating everything Arte has done for the organization and community since taking over ownership of the club.

Arte Moreno has had a tremendous amount of success as an owner of this franchise, both on and off the field.  Just because fans are kind of butt hurt about this year's performance, posting something like this reflects on the whole board, and makes us look like whinny little bitches.

Here's what I don't get:

Dipoto is new at his job, and it's his first full-time gig as a GM, and yet you expect him to veto moves the owner (his boss) makes. Secondly, how do you know he didn't "raise his hand and say 'no, absolutely the wrong move'"? Maybe he did and Moreno did what he wanted to do anyway, because, after all, it's HIS team and he'll make the moves he wants to make.

People just want to blame Dipoto for everything, and now that some light has been shed on Moreno's insistence to sign Pujols and Hamilton, the blame is STILL on Dipoto for not standing up to his boss, when nobody on here knows whether he did, or whether it would have mattered.

How you can translate the acquisition of Hamilton and Pujols into busts less than 20% into their contracts is beyond silly.  We also don't know how much Arte gets involved into player personnel decisions.  He had input into these two deals, but it stands to reason that when you are spending this kind of money for these two individuals the owner better be involved.  I don't think Arte is fully responsibile for the Pujols and Hamilton contracts, Dipoto had every opportunity to raise his hand and say "no, absolutely the wrong move."  And why the heck is Keith Law just cherry picking two pitcher contracts, and saying those moves were key busts.  How about evaluating all of Dipoto's moves and decisions.  And also how about evaluating everything Arte has done for the organization and community since taking over ownership of the club.

Arte Moreno has had a tremendous amount of success as an owner of this franchise, both on and off the field.  Just because fans are kind of butt hurt about this year's performance, posting something like this reflects on the whole board, and makes us look like whinny little bitches.

"Arte was pivotal," said Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto. "At the end of the day, I feel like Arte and Albert made this happen, and the rest of us were just working through the details."

"Arte was pivotal," said Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto. "At the end of the day, I feel like Arte and Albert made this happen, and the rest of us were just working through the details."

And I'm saying he should have been pivotal.  He's the owner of this franchise, he's personally spending hundreds of millions of dollars on these players, his personal money.  And the way I read Jerry's statement was in praise of Moreno for getting the deal completed.

This is all of Arte's fault.

-Forcing Reagins to trade for Wells

-Signing Pujols

-Shutting down the pursuit of Greinke, when the whole baseball operations department wanted to re-sign him

-Signing Hamilton

law said the wells/reagins story was false