• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Major Upgrade Complete - Welcome to the new and improved AngelsWin.com

Chuck

Question

16 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Was just wondering what it would look like with a navy/gold theme. We probably haven't earned the gold yet, lol.

AngelsWinLogoNavyGold.thumb.png.4b398c23a87c14a0683bc6bd03f070f3.png

Can you make us a Brown and Yellow one for those of us rooting against the Dodgers and for the Padres in October?  🙂 

Just now, Lou said:

It's fine the way it is. 

Okay, let me know because i can keep this one as the default, but then also have an option for you or others to choose a different theme. 

Maybe an all dark theme and a red theme? I'll put in the work but only if the interest is there. 

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Aye, the ignore button is your friend! 

The good thing about having longtime members that challenge everything you say, play devils advocate or at times troll is that it creates conversation, even if it's at times frustrating. 

If we all sat in a circle, held hands and were in one accord with each other on every topic it would get pretty boring after a while. 

My post was mostly in jest...

That being said...

I use the ignore feature, but not because someone has a different view. I put them on ignore when it's clear their intent is to troll. Surely, you know the difference. 

The whole sitting in a circle, holding hands analogy is insulting and not relevant to my point.

The sight looks great. The functionality is great. The space you've created for Angels fans is awesome.

The trolls continue to be an issue, IMO. Maybe less so for me because I actually use the ignore function, but they still have a negative impact on the quality of conversations, IMO. 

No place is perfect. AW is still my favorite resource for news and conversation.

22 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Not sure if I am the only one, but it is running pretty slow and at times I am getting some error messages.  

Nope, you're not the only one. I'm hoping to have this resolved today at the earliest, sometime this weekend at the latest. 

I reported this yesterday..

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Thanks Chuck.  No big deal.  

Thanks. It is to me. It takes about 2-5 seconds depending on your network connection to execute an action. That's too slow! It was nearly instant after clicking on another thread or page within the website. 

I've been pushing the server team since this started yesterday to get us moved to the new server cloud sooner than this weekend. 

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

Can't really read the page numbers when viewing the topic list in a forum.

Also the site seems slower now since the upgrade.

Thanks.

It was faster since the upgrade Monday night, but that changed yesterday when it appears the server I'm on in the cloud had an influx of new sites go on it, so we're getting moved to a new cloud server here real soon. 

The page numbers are not showing on mobile, only desktop I see. I can fix that later today! That's an easy fix of just changing the font/button colors. 

On 9/4/2020 at 9:42 AM, Jay said:

On my desktop using Chrome I can't see the page numbers here:

https://www.angelswin.com/forums/forum/11-la-angels-mlb-daily/

I can see the current page but I can't see other pages, next page, etc.

On 9/4/2020 at 9:18 AM, Jay said:

Can't really read the page numbers when viewing the topic list in a forum.

Also the site seems slower now since the upgrade.

Thanks.

Hi @Jay both of those issues are resolved. 

Have a great three day weekend my friend. 

Not sure if this is related to the upgrade.

Using Chrome, "Copy image..." I pasted a bunch of images into a PM. The images were inline with text. For awhile the images were visible, then they became dead links, and now a couple of the images are visible again.

Is this expected?

Thanks.

On 9/7/2020 at 7:15 AM, Jay said:

Not sure if this is related to the upgrade.

Using Chrome, "Copy image..." I pasted a bunch of images into a PM. The images were inline with text. For awhile the images were visible, then they became dead links, and now a couple of the images are visible again.

Is this expected?

Thanks.

Hi @Jay I haven't seen that issue before. 

Just tried in a test forum and I wasn't able to reproduce it. 

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

@Chuckster70Maybe the "pasting" of images isn't supported in PM?

I could be an issue on a mobile device vs. desktop, but I haven't tested that. I don't see any problems with desktop. 

You also have to wait until the image shows as uploaded when you paste it before you hit the submit reply or submit button. If you paste them and hit the submit button too soon it won't add it to a PM or post.