• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Morosi: White Sox, Twins, and Braves interested in Dylan Bundy

mmc

10 minutes ago, Lou said:

So neither was a free agent.

We had Upton for a month before he signed....we got him because a) we were in the wild card race and b) he was going to become a FA by exercising his opt out....if you don’t want to include him with Eppler’s other FA signings, that’s fine....I think he can be because of the circumstances...other than that, carry on with your snarky self....we all enjoy your contributions. 

22 minutes ago, Lou said:

Were talking about Eppler's free agent signings.

Snark. 

You read where I said technically he wasn’t a FA?......I merely included him with Cozart, Valbuena and the 3 pitchers from 2019 because of his circumstance of being a month away from free agency....And if you do include him with the others, as bad as he is right now, he would be the best of those signings....Snark away....

I think you have to trade Bundy if we can get a substantial return. He hasn't been able to go 6 innings in his last three starts and his fastball was down tonight 3-4 MPH. 

Bundy has coughed up nine runs (seven earned) on 15 hits over 15 innings over his last three outings.

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 11.21.16 PM.png

Bundy is the perfect sell high candidate as his value hasn't been this high since he's been in the majors.  Perhaps his early success this year is due to the change in scenery or figuring some things out but to this point in his career he's been below league average and hasn't lived up to the expectations of a guy who was a top 5 pick and a year after that a top 5 prospect.  Even with Bundy the Angels would need to bring in at least 2 SP next year.  You don't trade him for the sake of trading him but like others said if multiple teams are interested given he's through club control through next season they should be able to get a decent return including young pitchers at least one of which is ML ready. 

1 hour ago, Ron Mexico said:

Does this take the Braves out of the Bundy sweepstakes?

The Braves are nearing a deal to acquire left-hander Tommy Milone from the Orioles, reports Mark Bowman of MLB.com (Twitter link). Atlanta will send two prospects, neither of whom is in the Braves’ 60-man player pool, to Baltimore, reports Joel Sherman of the New York Post (via Twitter). Because they are outside the player pool, those prospects will be included as players to be named later. Presumably, we won’t know their identities until after the end of the season.

Nah. The Braves need a lot of starting pitching help. 

Only one pitcher in their current rotation was in their beginning of season rotation. Max Fried.

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Nah. The Braves need a lot of starting pitching help. 

Only one pitcher in their current rotation was in their beginning of season rotation. Max Fried.

I have wondered if they’d take a flyer on Teheran...they know him, he’d be cheap....obviously they didn’t bring him back but not sure how they parted....

Save him for the offseason so that the next GM has an asset he can parlay to start rebuilding the team.  A really good return may mean having to give up one of our 733 minor league outfielders.  To drastically improve this team will involve taking some risks.  Eppler is just too risk averse for me. 

I have a lot of faith in Mickey Calloway.  That being said, the Braves have Foltynewicz and Newcomb that have both fallen out of favor.  Maybe Bundy to Atlanta for both of them.  

If it is some mechanical issue, Calloway can work with them.  Also, I think that Newcomb is being misused as a reliever. 

11 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think you have to trade Bundy if we can get a substantial return. He hasn't been able to go 6 innings in his last three starts and his fastball was down tonight 3-4 MPH. 

Bundy has coughed up nine runs (seven earned) on 15 hits over 15 innings over his last three outings.

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 11.21.16 PM.png

Bundy needs to be traded. As does Heaney and Goodwin. 

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

I have wondered if they’d take a flyer on Teheran...they know him, he’d be cheap....obviously they didn’t bring him back but not sure how they parted....

Trading Teheran I haven’t thought about but if there is a market for him they should definitely trade him. 

49 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Last 3 games walks up strikeouts down along with velocity

Command has been off.   

He's avoided throwing a crappy FB down the middle by turning to more off speed stuff.   The biggest difference the last few games is his Babip has normalized.    He was running a Babip below .200 his first three games, .289 the last three.   

11 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

Does this take the Braves out of the Bundy sweepstakes?

The Braves are nearing a deal to acquire left-hander Tommy Milone from the Orioles, reports Mark Bowman of MLB.com (Twitter link). Atlanta will send two prospects, neither of whom is in the Braves’ 60-man player pool, to Baltimore, reports Joel Sherman of the New York Post (via Twitter). Because they are outside the player pool, those prospects will be included as players to be named later. Presumably, we won’t know their identities until after the end of the season.

Milone gave up 7 runs in 2 innings in his Braves debut tonight. 

If the Braves miss out on Lynn and Clevinger, I can see them going hard after Bundy. 

Edited by totdprods