• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will the Angels ever create their own sports network like the Dodgers, Cubs, and Yankees?

mmc

We all know Arte loves making money, so to me, this seems like something that would be right up his alley.  The Yankees have YES, the Dodgers have SportsnetLA, and the Cubs now have Marquee Sports Network.  Is it possible that eventually the Angels will create their own channel as well?

If the Angels already have a cable deal that runs another decade, why bother? That proprietary Dodgers channel was unavailable to 70-90 percent or thereabouts of the Dodgers market for a decade. If I'm not mistaken, that channel is now available on non-Spectrum cable systems. But it took a decade to get there.

4 hours ago, mymerlincat said:

We all know Arte loves making money, so to me, this seems like something that would be right up his alley.  The Yankees have YES, the Dodgers have SportsnetLA, and the Cubs now have Marquee Sports Network.  Is it possible that eventually the Angels will create their own channel as well?

I hope not because Dodger fans couldn't watch games on TV unless they had Spectrum cable, which wasn't available to half their fans.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

I seem to remember Arte saying a number of years ago that a regional sports network built around the Angels was a goal of his. I think that was more of a negotiating tactic to get a better deal from FSW, though. AO had rightly mentioned streaming as the more appropriate way to deliver content, but I think MLB holds streaming rights to all teams. Do the Yankees stream their games in addition to MLB doing so? I've never really thought much about this since getting Angels games, even in Vegas, has never been an issue.

They should create a channel like the UK soccer team I follow. It's online and full of content displaying the equivalent of their minor league games, the club's history, and fan events. They have bios on players past and present along with reviews of current players and strategies used during matches. They only thing they don't show are the games during the season as those are only allowed to be shown on the licensed networks. I would pay a monthly fee for that.

Edited by Lhalo