• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. A's (8/22/2020)

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don’t see that as being good.  This season is basically over.  We need to know whether Upton is done and you don’t know that by having him on the bench. 

Maybe he needs a little break. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. We have spring training to figure that out.

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don’t see that as being good.  This season is basically over.  We need to know whether Upton is done and you don’t know that by having him on the bench. 

Angels need a win.

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

If I were management I would be trying to figure out a way to unload Upton with a minimal loss of money.

Then you would be the greatest manager of all time.  The only way that can happen is to play him everyday and hope he gets incredibly hot the rest of this season.  Then he goes into next season and continues that tear.  At that point you could trade him and eat part of his salary.  Otherwise the only way you trade him is to trade him to a contender that has an equally large contract that they want out of.  So something like sending him to the Padres for either Hormer or Myers.  

6 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

If I were management I would be trying to figure out a way to unload Upton with a minimal loss of money.

Really hard to do with his NTC too. I think it’s a full NTC at that. 

Cleveland is so dire in need for OF help it’d be fantastic if they’d take him but we’d need to really give up something really, really good in addition to him in any deal. They don’t really have dead money to move either. 

If Upton was willing to waive his deal, I can squint and sort of see a three-way deal emerging with the Angels, Indians, and Giants. Cueto winds up somewhere. Upton winds up somewhere. Maybe some of Plesac, Clevinger, Yastrzemski, Fletcher, Adell/Marsh, Canning, Goodwin, a Giants catching prospect wind up somewhere. 

Edited by totdprods