• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Angels Trade Stock

Chuck

7419177_s.jpg

If you were the GM would you trade the following players/prospects in an attempt to ramp up the team to succeed in 2021 & beyond?

Jo Adell and/or Brandon Marsh (for the likes of a Clevinger/Pleasac type)

Dylan Bundy (One-year of control, could be a good middle of the rotation guy on a winning playoff team). 

Andrelton Simmons (If a team loses a starting SS or is not getting the defense they need to succeed in the playoffs, I can see him being moved) 

La Stella (Has proved that his All-Star season of a year ago was no fluke. He can now play 2B, 3B and 1B which is valuable to a contending team)

Brian Goodwin (Prior to last night's game Goodwin had a +.900 OPS and has been a solid contributor who can play all 3 OF positions)

Andrew Heaney (While he was our #1 starter going into the season, he could be a legit backend guy on a winning team that's struggled to get any production out of their #4 or #5 guys)

Griffin Canning (Had a good minor league track record, 2nd round pick and has shown flashes of brilliance at the big league level)

26 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Andrew Heaney (While he was our #1 starter going into the season, he could be a legit backend guy on a winning team 

That bit made me laugh. "He's our best guy. Maybe he could be a #5 on a team that doesn't suck."

I read this blurb yesterday suggesting Jones, Knowles and Ortega for Clevinger. That seems way less of a price tag than Adell and/or Marsh. (I would think Cleveland would get a better offer elsewhere, but I'm no expert about this kind of trade stuff.) 

2 minutes ago, SoPas Angel said:

That bit made me laugh. "He's our best guy. Maybe he could be a #5 on a team that doesn't suck."

I read this blurb yesterday suggesting Jones, Knowles and Ortega for Clevinger. That seems way less of a price tag than Adell and/or Marsh. (I would think Cleveland would get a better offer elsewhere, but I'm no expert about this kind of trade stuff.) 

That pretty much tells you everything you need to know about our current GM. 

I would consider trading Fletcher if it brought back a young cost controlled starter.  Do I want to trade Fletcher, not at all.  But if we could get the pitching equivalent for him I would at least consider it.  I’d trade Adell for the right guy, but that right guy has to have had major league success and have 4 plus years of control.  I would trade Marsh for the pitching version of Marsh, in other words a top 50- 75 or so pitching prospect that is major league ready.  I would trade Goodwin for a teams major league ready starter.  I would trade Bundy for a couple of Sandovals.  I would also have no problem packaging a bunch of the other guys, Knowles and guys like him for a young starter with control for a few years.  I wouldn’t want to trade any of our pitching with control or in the minors for an arm, I’d like to keep them.  

The only guy on the list I want to keep under any circumstance is Canning. As long as he's healthy - I know, a big if - I think he is going to keep improving. Maybe he'll never be an ace, but for an organization starved for pitching, a quality pitcher under control for 4 more seasons is indispensable. 

I thing one thing that we need to consider, with Clev and Plesac is how are they going to act in the club house, with the owners and Manager. Them getting send down did f them up and their service time. I wouldn't be surprised if their pissed and the the other guys in the clubhouse could also be pissed at them for being stupid. This might limit there value or atleast Clev.

31 minutes ago, SoPas Angel said:

That seems awfully low. All three of those guys are far too questionable or low-profile for someone like Clevinger. They’ll ask for at least one of these guys to headline...one of our MLB-level SPs, one of the top 3 OF prospects or Goodwin, or Rengifo/Thaiss. The rest mentioned might fill it out. 

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

That seems awfully low. All three of those guys are far too questionable or low-profile for someone like Clevinger. They’ll ask for at least one of these guys to headline...one of our MLB-level SPs, one of the top 3 OF prospects or Goodwin, or Rengifo/Thaiss. The rest mentioned might fill it out. 

They will ask for Marsh or Adell.  They might even demand it.  If what I read is true where the Red Sox said they would consider moving Verdugo for one of them, then you have to be willing to give up talent or you won’t get him.  

25 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I would consider trading Fletcher if it brought back a young cost controlled starter.  Do I want to trade Fletcher, not at all.  But if we could get the pitching equivalent for him I would at least consider it.  I’d trade Adell for the right guy, but that right guy has to have had major league success and have 4 plus years of control.  I would trade Marsh for the pitching version of Marsh, in other words a top 50- 75 or so pitching prospect that is major league ready.  I would trade Goodwin for a teams major league ready starter.  I would trade Bundy for a couple of Sandovals.  I would also have no problem packaging a bunch of the other guys, Knowles and guys like him for a young starter with control for a few years.  I wouldn’t want to trade any of our pitching with control or in the minors for an arm, I’d like to keep them.  

That's a bold take on trading Fletcher, @Stradling. I think you could argue that he may be the most attractive player on our team, ahead of Adell and Bundy. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

That's a bold take on trading Fletcher, @Stradling. I think you could argue that he may be the most attractive player on our team, ahead of Adell and Bundy. 

Yep, which is why I would only trade him for the pitching version of him.  Someone with 5 plus years of control.  I’d trade him for a guy like Gallen and if Plesac is the real deal then probably for a guy like Plesac.  Fletcher is my favorite Angel not named Trout.  But he is much easier to replace than a #1 or 2 starter.  

The Indians are promoting their top pitching prospect to the big leagues. This could spell the end of Clevinger and/or Pleasac.

• Indians RHP prospect Triston McKenzie is scheduled to make his MLB debut in a start Saturday against the Tigers.

McKenzie has missed large chunks of the last two seasons due to forearm and shoulder issues, but he's healthy now and was a consensus top-50 prospect not all that long ago. The 23-year-old former supplemental first-round pick holds a 2.68 ERA, 0.997 WHIP, and 394/98 K/BB ratio in 329 career minor league innings.

Aug 20, 2020, 2:09 PM ET

•  

24 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

The Indians are promoting their top pitching prospect to the big leagues. This could spell the end of Clevinger and/or Pleasac.

• Indians RHP prospect Triston McKenzie is scheduled to make his MLB debut in a start Saturday against the Tigers.

McKenzie has missed large chunks of the last two seasons due to forearm and shoulder issues, but he's healthy now and was a consensus top-50 prospect not all that long ago. The 23-year-old former supplemental first-round pick holds a 2.68 ERA, 0.997 WHIP, and 394/98 K/BB ratio in 329 career minor league innings.

Aug 20, 2020, 2:09 PM ET

•  

I think if they keep Clevinger down they will delay his free agency rights by one year. 

Edited by RendZone

Get Simmons healthy and trade him to roll with fletcher next year.  

Bundy might be the best SP available via trade so take advantage and sign bauer in offseason. I like Bundy but he's playing above his head imo. 

If la stella has value him too.  

What a disgrace with trout and Rendon we're not able to compete for a 3rd place .500 playoff spot.