• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Angels Trade Stock

Chuck

41 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I would consider trading Fletcher if it brought back a young cost controlled starter.  Do I want to trade Fletcher, not at all.  But if we could get the pitching equivalent for him I would at least consider it.  I’d trade Adell for the right guy, but that right guy has to have had major league success and have 4 plus years of control.  I would trade Marsh for the pitching version of Marsh, in other words a top 50- 75 or so pitching prospect that is major league ready.  I would trade Goodwin for a teams major league ready starter.  I would trade Bundy for a couple of Sandovals.  I would also have no problem packaging a bunch of the other guys, Knowles and guys like him for a young starter with control for a few years.  I wouldn’t want to trade any of our pitching with control or in the minors for an arm, I’d like to keep them.  

I agree that Fletcher has the highest trade value of any of our young players. Adell's trade stock is much lower than it would have been a year or two ago. Most of the other guys are rondons.

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Also I'm opened to trading anyone, assuming enough in return.

I would trade anyone and more on the roster if it meant that we would be building a sustainable competitive team for years to come. I mean anybody.

Edited by RendZone

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

7419177_s.jpg

If you were the GM would you trade the following players/prospects in an attempt to ramp up the team to succeed in 2021 & beyond?

Jo Adell and/or Brandon Marsh (for the likes of a Clevinger/Pleasac type)

Dylan Bundy (One-year of control, could be a good middle of the rotation guy on a winning playoff team). 

Andrelton Simmons (If a team loses a starting SS or is not getting the defense they need to succeed in the playoffs, I can see him being moved) 

La Stella (Has proved that his All-Star season of a year ago was no fluke. He can now play 2B, 3B and 1B which is valuable to a contending team)

Brian Goodwin (Prior to last night's game Goodwin had a +.900 OPS and has been a solid contributor who can play all 3 OF positions)

Andrew Heaney (While he was our #1 starter going into the season, he could be a legit backend guy on a winning team that's struggled to get any production out of their #4 or #5 guys)

Griffin Canning (Had a good minor league track record, 2nd round pick and has shown flashes of brilliance at the big league level)

I added La Stella who like Goodwin, Simmons and Bundy could be valuable trade assets to a contending team.

9 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Get Simmons healthy and trade him to roll with fletcher next year.  

Bundy might be the best SP available via trade so take advantage and sign bieber in offseason. I like Bundy but he's playing above his head imo. 

If la stella has value him to.  

What a disgrace with trout and Rendon we're not able to compete for a 3rd place .500 playoff spot. 

This, except Bieber isn't a FA until 4 years from now.    Did you mean Bauer? 

If Bauer continues on one year deals going forward, what's the most to offer him?   How much can the Halos offer and stay under luxury tax threshold? 

Edited by Angel Oracle

There are a ton of options, but all i know at this point is that whatever we are doing doesnt seem to be working.
At this point its almost reasons be damned, change gears, do whatever, but this legacy of underachieving is mind boggling.
The farm has taken a step back or at minimum not improved, not shocking drafting mid rounds, and what value we appear to have is already on the big club for the most part.
I would almost trade anyone at this point not named Trout to change that.

Specifically i think i would investigate the following:
Trade Simba once healthy.  Thats hard for me to say as ive been on board with keeping him but at this point, what choice do we have really?  Hard to extend someone that cant seem to stay on the field regardless of talent. 
Extend LaStella and Castro.  Id like to take a run at Realmuto as much as the next guy but we cant absorb another 30M contract and fix other issues.
Buyout Pujols and Upton.  I realize thats a shit ton of money to eat,   But at this point both are just taking up space.  Upton looks lost and overmatched and father time is what it is on Albert.
Teach Ohtani to play 1B.  If hes not going to pitch he needs a position beyond DH.  Hes got the height and athleticism, why not... 
Put every penny into signing guys like Bauer, Kluber, Stroman, and the like, not top tier guys, but guys on that step just below.. guys with attitude, that get angry when they lose, and getting someone at the back end of the pen that isnt a freaking gas can.  If you can make a trade for one of those guys now, i dont know if i bother.. this season looks already beyond lost.. why give up the kids and pay to sign them, i dont really see the point right now.

Thats where my head is now, and ill admit im extremely down on the club at this point, but i dont think its that far off.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

If you can trade Marsh and Goodwin for like Clevinger if the team approves it you do it in a heart beat. You keep Bundy and Canning though. Heaney ehh

Maybe even go after Bauer as a kind of preview to sign him next year.

They need an ace. Here’s a dream scenario that would NEVER happen but it would be incredible. (THIS IS A JOKE)

Canning/Marsh/Detmers or Canning/ Marsh/Adell for Degrom 👀

Send some insane package for Degrom and see what the Mets say.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And I still believe that they shouldn’t trade Adell for one year of anyone. 

Well you’re right that maybe Betts might not have wanted to play here if we weren’t competitive enough. Betts is killing it by the way.

Edited by RendZone

6 minutes ago, RendZone said:

Well you’re right that maybe Betts might not have wanted to play here if we weren’t competitive enough. Betts is killing it by the way.

The reason you wouldn't do that is because it is too much of a risk and when is the last time we've had a productive 3B? Figgins in 2009,  before that Glaus.

When you have Adell and Marsh but no real 3B prospects in the system, you naturally go for Anthony Rendon over trading a top prospect for Betts --- even if he did re-sign with us like he did with the Dodgers, for the reasons I mentioned above. 

If Eppler wanted to be really bold, how about going after Lindor and one of Plesac/Clevinger?

Start with Adell and Simmons (to offset some salary, give Cleveland a SS replacement) and get Lindor for this year and next plus one of those arms. 

Improves the lineup:

1. Fletcher 2B
  2. Lindor SS
  3. Trout CF
  4. Rendon 3B
  5. Ohtani DH
  6. La Stella 1B
  7. Goodwin RF
  8. Upton LF
  9. Castro/Stassi C

Bench consists of Upton, Pujols. Fletcher picks up time in LF/RF until Marsh gets a call-up.

Rotation is:

1. Clevinger/Plesac
  2. Bundy
  3. Heaney
  4. Sandoval
  5. Detmers/Barria/Suarez/Pena/Andriese*

*I could see them nabbing a cheap rental if they’re really going for it too.

You can try re-signing Lindor with the expiring Pujols money next winter, and this winter work on signing Bauer or Stroman. What you lose in Adell offensively you gain in Lindor. The young arms get a legit shot this year to get innings and develop. 

10 minutes ago, totdprods said:

If Eppler wanted to be really bold, how about going after Lindor and one of Plesac/Clevinger?

Start with Adell and Simmons (to offset some salary, give Cleveland a SS replacement) and get Lindor for this year and next plus one of those arms. 

Improves the lineup:

1. Fletcher 2B
  2. Lindor SS
  3. Trout CF
  4. Rendon 3B
  5. Ohtani DH
  6. La Stella 1B
  7. Goodwin RF
  8. Upton LF
  9. Castro/Stassi C

Bench consists of Upton, Pujols. Fletcher picks up time in LF/RF until Marsh gets a call-up.

Rotation is:

1. Clevinger/Plesac
  2. Bundy
  3. Heaney
  4. Sandoval
  5. Detmers/Barria/Suarez/Pena/Andriese*

*I could see them nabbing a cheap rental if they’re really going for it too.

You can try re-signing Lindor with the expiring Pujols money next winter, and this winter work on signing Bauer or Stroman. What you lose in Adell offensively you gain in Lindor. The young arms get a legit shot this year to get innings and develop. 

I would move Heaney & Goodwin in that deal for one of Clevinger or Plesac + Lindor along with Simmons. 

Then you go all in on Bauer, make him a priority. 

Rotation: 

Bauer, Clevinger/Plesac, Ohtani, Bundy, Detmers/Canning/Sandoval/Suarez

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I would move Heaney & Goodwin in that deal for one of Clevinger or Plesac + Lindor along with Simmons. 

Then you go all in on Bauer, make him a priority. 

Rotation: 

Bauer, Clevinger/Plesac, Ohtani, Bundy, Detmers/Canning/Sandoval/Suarez

You’re moving a lot of current production in Heaney and Goodwin in a deal where one of the biggest pieces back is here for a limited time. And I don’t think they would bite on a deal that MLB-ready heavy. They’re all about control and saving money right now. 

No reason to give extra pieces to get Lindor as well since he will be a free agent after next year.  They will have two $35 million players on the payroll, no way they will have a third player making $35 million a year on the team.  Plus you have to be willing to re-sign the pitchers you trade for or else what is the point.  

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

This, except Bieber isn't a FA until 4 years from now.    Did you mean Bauer? 

If Bauer continues on one year deals going forward, what's the most to offer him?   How much can the Halos offer and stay under luxury tax threshold? 

Yes I meant Bauer nice catch.  I'd overpay for him. We can afford it with Simmons not here.  

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I would consider trading Fletcher if it brought back a young cost controlled starter.  Do I want to trade Fletcher, not at all.  But if we could get the pitching equivalent for him I would at least consider it.  I’d trade Adell for the right guy, but that right guy has to have had major league success and have 4 plus years of control.  I would trade Marsh for the pitching version of Marsh, in other words a top 50- 75 or so pitching prospect that is major league ready.  I would trade Goodwin for a teams major league ready starter.  I would trade Bundy for a couple of Sandovals.  I would also have no problem packaging a bunch of the other guys, Knowles and guys like him for a young starter with control for a few years.  I wouldn’t want to trade any of our pitching with control or in the minors for an arm, I’d like to keep them.  

no

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Haha.  I know it’s wildly unpopular but we need pitching and I would like our chances of replacing him much more than I like our chances of signing a #2 type starter. 

I know we need starters and a trade is probably the only way to do it, but knowing Simba is probably gone, I feel like Fletcher is important.  Especially because he has the tools of a leadoff hitter.  Guys like that are equally expensive.

Going to be tough to come up with a good enough trade but I think Fletcher would be a mistake.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Haha.  I know it’s wildly unpopular but we need pitching and I would like our chances of replacing him much more than I like our chances of signing a #2 type starter. 

1 minute ago, nate said:

I know we need starters and a trade is probably the only way to do it, but knowing Simba is probably gone, I feel like Fletcher is important.  Especially because he has the tools of a leadoff hitter.  Guys like that are equally expensive.

Going to be tough to come up with a good enough trade but I think Fletcher would be a mistake.

I would entertain dealing Fletcher if Rengifo made strides this season offensively and defensively. 

3 minutes ago, nate said:

Yea it’s certainly not a hill I would die on but i would absolutely consider it.