• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The USPS

12 hours ago, Tank said:

I think there needs to be a mechanism in place that verifies where you live before they mail you a ballot. without that verification, the system is ripe for abuse.

They actually have something already in place that could work.  The USPS has something called Informed Delivery, essentially an image is taken of every piece of mail that's sent and scheduled for delivery.   With Informed Delivery you get that image sent to your email so you know what to expect and when....   Anyway you sign up online, part of the verification process is for you to create an account with the USPS and have them send you a letter, the letter contains a passcode....  Once you've "confirmed" your mail online, you start getting those emails.   Obviously there are things they would have to do to keep it from being manipulated but they do have a starting point...   Oh, the only reason I know about this?  My mail service while in Miami is horrendous.   The actual letter carrier asked me to call in bitch about it and to sign up for it so they could pinpoint which of the relief mail persons was the slapdick...   

Also, again Miami....  or rather Fl.  My condo out there is a gentrified apartment building where they tore down walls, made everything bigger and modernized everything.  I've been getting voter stuff for at least 3 different people.....  The building was redone 12 years ago.   So yeah...

Just now, gotbeer said:

Or it could be no one uses the post office anymore with online bill pay and email.  So why have a bunch of boxes around that no one uses, but still require a lot of manpower to check everyday, and in most cases are rigged to steal mail anyways?  

For political reasons 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

For political reasons 

By the way.  During the Obama years, they took a lot of boxes out of our neighborhood.  Because no one was using them, and most of them were rigged to steal mail.  They even removed post office boxes from out in front of the post office because so much mail was getting stolen.  

So Obama was really the one that is rigging the election system.  

7 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Or it could be no one uses the post office anymore with online bill pay and email.  So why have a bunch of boxes around that no one uses, but still require a lot of manpower to check everyday, and in most cases are rigged to steal mail anyways?  

Unless you can use your email or your bank’s bill pay to vote it is safe to assume that at least for the next 80 some days the post office and the drop boxes will be used a lot.

37 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Good.  Those votes will just get stolen.  

If the president feels it’s safe enough to mail his ballot and his whole family’s without them being stolen, I don’t think the rest of us have anything to worry about.

Plus if it was really that dangerous, would it be a good idea to fund the USPS to improve the security of these boxes or have alternative ways to drop off ballots? (like special drop off boxes right in front of polling places, something the trump campaign is suing against may I add)

41 minutes ago, Rico said:

They have been removing mailboxes in California for years. You guys really think this is a new policy or that people are just now realizing the extremely antiquated mail box, that gets little to no usage, is a money drain for postal pickups? 

Also, there is no way removing mailboxes will affect the outcome of the election with mail in results. To get a mail in ballot you have to have a residence, ergo you have mail delivery. Every city has alternate mail delivery services that are free to drop off.

You guys are twats. 

27 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

If the president feels it’s safe enough to mail his ballot and his whole family’s without them being stolen, I don’t think the rest of us have anything to worry about.

Plus if it was really that dangerous, would it be a good idea to fund the USPS to improve the security of these boxes or have alternative ways to drop off ballots? (like special drop off boxes right in front of polling places, something the trump campaign is suing against may I add)

Or you could just go into the polling place and drop them off there.  

And good luck in improving the security of those blue mailboxes.  Should only take a few billion to update them all.  They are antiquated wastes of money and should be scrapped.  

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

And that defeats the entire purpose.

You guys are twats.

Not really.  you just run in, drop it off, run out. 

Instead of waiting in line, getting your id checked, going into a booth, then checking all the D's or R's, then checking all the ballot measures that increase taxes because you got confused, then dropping it off.

13 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Or you could just go into the polling place and drop them off there.  

And good luck in improving the security of those blue mailboxes.  Should only take a few billion to update them all.  They are antiquated wastes of money and should be scrapped.  

Yes that should also be an option for people to do that, just as there should be an option for people who want to avoid face to face interactions and long lines to be able to drop theirs in ballot boxes or mail them in. 

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Instead of waiting in line, getting your id checked, going into a booth, then checking all the D's or R's, then checking all the ballot measures that increase taxes because you got confused, then dropping it off.

Is that how it actually works? Because that's fine, but I have my doubts it's that simple. 

11 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So you are ok with special drop boxes outside polling places? Something Trump campaign is suing PA for? 

13 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You can drop them in your work mail delivery bin. A fucking public mailbox is a non starter for any argument about mail delivery. This isn't the 1800's. 

Except, it's still the most convenient way to drop off mail for a very large portion of the country.

My work doesn't have a "mail delivery bin".

6 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

So you are ok with special drop boxes outside polling places? Something Trump campaign is suing PA for? 

No, I wouldn't want special drop boxes outside of polling places.  Too easy for someone to steal the boxes, or intimidate those voting.  

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

No, I wouldn't want special drop boxes outside of polling places.  Too easy for someone to steal the boxes, or intimidate those voting.  

So you are against something based on speculation of things that could happen even though there is no proof of it happening in past elections? 

Are you also against leaving the house when it's raining because you may be struck by lighting?