• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The USPS

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

News flash: You have to be a registered voter to receive a ballot. It's the same. Fucking. Thing. The only difference is states are allowing people to vote this way even if they aren't actually "absent". Because there's, you know, a pandemic. So now people will automatically get a ballot in the mail. This benefits EVERYONE.

The only people who don't support this are retarded.

the people who used to live in my house still receive voting materials for every single election, without fail.

they moved away over 7 years ago. i could vote multiple times if a ballot comes for them.

7 minutes ago, Tank said:

the people who used to live in my house still receive voting materials for every single election, without fail.

they moved away over 7 years ago. i could vote multiple times if a ballot comes for them.

Sure, but the signature won't match and you would be risking a felony for nothing. 

10 minutes ago, Tank said:

And that's election fraud.

If you think that's a legitimate problem, then that's on you. 

10 hours ago, tennischmp said:

If he was in favor of absentee voting he would be the biggest advocate for funding USPS properly but he is not. And he is really transparent about it. He knows that voter turnout will hurt him in so he is trying to suppress the vote by making is harder for people to vote by absentee(even though he says that's good).

Plus there are very few states that are actually sending ballots to everyone and those states aren’t competitive. The rest are either allowing covid to be used as an excuse for absentee ballots or allowing anyone who wants to request a ballot.

The UPS is properly funded. What they are not is funded to process voting ballots at a loss rate. There has been discussions about raising rates for political mail to coincide with regular rates. That would cover the funding. 

Libs also discount the idea of a secret ballot. Taylor admitted his wife fills out his ballot. In person voting was established to provide a private and secure location. Absentee voting provides convenience but allows for some outside influences. Current policies require a request which preserves the voters right to not vote. Mailing everyone a ballot opens the door for outside influencers to collect votes. Bad people know you received a ballot and might just knock on your door to make sure the ballot is filled out correctly 

5 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Libs also discount the idea of a secret ballot. Taylor admitted his wife fills out his ballot. In person voting was established to provide a private and secure location. Absentee voting provides convenience but allows for some outside influences. Current policies require a request which preserves the voters right to not vote. Mailing everyone a ballot opens the door for outside influencers to collect votes. Bad people know you received a ballot and might just knock on your door to make sure the ballot is filled out correctly 

Ok

16 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

10 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Ok

He's not wrong. It happened 2 years ago in NC.

Election Fraud in North Carolina Leads to New Charges for Republican Operative
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/30/us/mccrae-dowless-indictment.html

47 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Sounds like @Adam's mother in law.

4 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

And that's election fraud.

If you think that's a legitimate problem, then that's on you. 

let me be up front and say I'm fine with absentee ballots. I've voted that way several times over the last 40 years.

here's my problem with the decision to mail a ballot to every voter: what if they don't have the correct address? that's the case for the person who used to live in my house. they haven't updated his or her info in the last seven years. who's supposed to check on that? and if I was really bent on committing fraud, I'd have an easy avenue to do so. 

and I'm sure this happens to multiple people throughout this state. the system has some gaps in it that could be a serious problem.

I've moved several times in the last 40 years, and each time I fill out that change of address form for the post office. I seem to recall that I either check a box to update my voter registration address or it happens automatically, but it gets done and I always get my voting materials. there's some kind of gap here for the former occupants of this house (and no, they didn't die, they moved).

I think there needs to be a mechanism in place that verifies where you live before they mail you a ballot. without that verification, the system is ripe for abuse.

you have mentioned a couple of times now about checking signatures. I don't know enough about our voting system here to say with any kind of confidence that there are people actually checking signatures against the official signature on file (if there even is such a thing). does anyone know if that happens here in the golden state? and if they check, how closely do they check? is that ballot then thrown out if they don't match exactly? what's the protocol on this? what do they do in New Hampshire?

as I said earlier, I feel very uncomfortable that for this election, republicans are absolutely against all mail in ballots, and democrats are absolutely in favor of only mail in ballots. it seems to me that we as voters ought to have the option for mail-in voting or voting in person/dropping off our ballots at some kind of collection center or polling station. something is fishy when each side picks a position and digs in like there's no tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

let me be up front and say I'm fine with absentee ballots. I've voted that way several times over the last 40 years.

here's my problem with the decision to mail a ballot to every voter: what if they don't have the correct address? that's the case for the person who used to live in my house. they haven't updated his or her info in the last seven years. who's supposed to check on that? and if I was really bent on committing fraud, I'd have an easy avenue to do so. 

and I'm sure this happens to multiple people throughout this state. the system has some gaps in it that could be a serious problem.

I've moved several times in the last 40 years, and each time I fill out that change of address form for the post office. I seem to recall that I either check a box to update my voter registration address or it happens automatically, but it gets done and I always get my voting materials. there's some kind of gap here for the former occupants of this house (and no, they didn't die, they moved).

I think there needs to be a mechanism in place that verifies where you live before they mail you a ballot. without that verification, the system is ripe for abuse.

you have mentioned a couple of times now about checking signatures. I don't know enough about our voting system here to say with any kind of confidence that there are people actually checking signatures against the official signature on file (if there even is such a thing). does anyone know if that happens here in the golden state? and if they check, how closely do they check? is that ballot then thrown out if they don't match exactly? what's the protocol on this? what do they do in New Hampshire?

as I said earlier, I feel very uncomfortable that for this election, republicans are absolutely against all mail in ballots, and democrats are absolutely in favor of only mail in ballots. it seems to me that we as voters ought to have the option for mail-in voting or voting in person/dropping off our ballots at some kind of collection center or polling station. something is fishy when each side picks a position and digs in like there's no tomorrow.

There are 9 states that will be mailing a ballot to every person, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Hawaii, Vermont, New Jersey. Exactly 0 of the 9 states are purple states. 5 of those (Washington, Oregon, Utah, Colorado, Hawaii) have been doing this for years with very little documented fraud and no one made a fuss about mail in voting in the past. The other 41 states will require mail ballot to be requested. 

This whole mail in ballot is blown completely out of proportion led by Trump who is trying to suppress the turnout because he believes(and rightfully so) a higher turnout will lead to more votes for Biden and if he does lose he can use it to discredit the election.