• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The USPS

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

All the righties on my Facebook friends have evidently convinced themselves that not only is absentee balloting completely different than mail in voting, but that literally ANYONE will be sent a ballot.

Even if that were true, that favors them just as much as it does anyone else, so it's a wash. But nah, only Dems will take advantage.

Libs may hate on Trump for no reason, but Cons swing from his nuts. This shouldn't even be a debate. But then again, neither should masks but here we are.

The cognitive dissonance is astounding. For some of my evangelical friends, if Trump told them to denounce Christ, they would do it without question.

My member of Congress (Katie Porter) did an excellent troll job of the Postmaster General today.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/08/24/usps-dejoy-says-he-doesnt-know-how-many-people-voted-mail-2016/5625192002/

"Mr. DeJoy, what is the cost of a first-class postage stamp?" she asked. 

"55 cents," DeJoy replied. 

"Just wanted to check. What about to mail a postcard?" Porter asked? 

"I don't know," DeJoy replied. The current cost of a postcard stamp is $0.35, according to the Postal Service. 

"I'll submit that I know very little about postage stamps," he said when asked about the cost of mailing a greeting card in a square envelope. The Postal Service says postage for a square envelope is $0.70. 

Porter continued to press the Postmaster General, asking him if he knew how many Americans voted by mail in the 2016 presidential election "within a million or so," or even "to the nearest ten million."      

"I would be guessing," he said, "and I don't want to guess." 

"I'm concerned about your understanding of this agency," Porter shot back. 

Just curious.  And if true, it's probably going to be the final nail in the coffin of the USPS.  

But is it just me, or has Amazon stopped shipping stuff USPS?  I'm a Amazon junkie, I'll order a $5 item, just because.  Most of the time, especially in LA, they send via Amazon's courier.  It used to be small stuff from outside the area were sent USPS.  As a ratio, it was probably 75% Amazon, 20% USPS, 5% UPS or Fed Ex.  But for the last month, I've noticed more of those outside the area items sent via UPS or Fed Ex.  Actually in the last month, I don't think I have received anything from Amazon using USPS.  

44 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Just curious.  And if true, it's probably going to be the final nail in the coffin of the USPS.  

But is it just me, or has Amazon stopped shipping stuff USPS?  I'm a Amazon junkie, I'll order a $5 item, just because.  Most of the time, especially in LA, they send via Amazon's courier.  It used to be small stuff from outside the area were sent USPS.  As a ratio, it was probably 75% Amazon, 20% USPS, 5% UPS or Fed Ex.  But for the last month, I've noticed more of those outside the area items sent via UPS or Fed Ex.  Actually in the last month, I don't think I have received anything from Amazon using USPS.  

Much of my Amazon stuff still come via USPS. It's also a different mail carrier than who delivers the semi-daily mail. I imagine this is more of a regional thing. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Might be they are seeing delays in the USPS service, so they are sending more stuff UPS/Fed Ex?  Probably less cost efficient for them, but the package gets to where it needs to go on time.