• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why can't the Angels hit with runners in scoring position?

14 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

So what? They're still not very good with runners in scoring position. Like I've already stated, I'm not okay with Just Around The League average. It's fine if you are but it's quite clear that our owner doesn't give a crap that he has the best player on the planet and has wasted him.

Stop wasting your breath looking for an argument I have zero interest in.  Seriously, instead of pretending you know what I'm ok with, try sticking to whatever point you're trying to make.   I'm much more annoyed with the piss-poor decision making and bad defensive play than anything on offense.  

14 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

What am I missing here? The numbers he showed were terrible.

The problem here is your question should have been 

Why can’t the Angels hit?

What I was trying to show is that “hitting with runners in scoring position” is just hitting. Although there are some minor differences, for the most part over a large enough sample your performance with RISP is going to mirror your performance overall. 

If you wanna complain the Angels overall offense hasn’t been as good as it should have been, that’s a legitimate gripe.

But if you want to complain that their hitting with runners in scoring position hasn’t been good, it’s been exactly as good as you’d expect it to be based on their overall performance.

Gotcha. The poor hitting is just amplified with risp. I'm just so tired of this mediocrity year after year after year. The market they play in and the payroll gives Eppler and company no excuse. Again though, it's mostly the owners fault for employing the wrong people and insisting on some bad signings and refusing to tank(not even a little). His mindset clearly doesn't work.

5 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Gotcha. The poor hitting is just amplified with risp. I'm just so tired of this mediocrity year after year after year. The market they play in and the payroll gives Eppler and company no excuse. Again though, it's mostly the owners fault for employing the wrong people and insisting on some bad signings and refusing to tank. His mindset clearly doesn't work.

I don’t mean to sound like a dick when I say this, but if you are looking for a team that mirrors what you seem to want you may want to start following the A’s.  You have mentioned tanking and trading players frequently.  That might be a team that does what you seem to be looking for in a team.  The only thing about them that will drive you crazy is they have more money than Arte and they don’t spend it.  

It's just what this team has been for about a decade now: mediocre.  Pujols has been a major flop, Upton has been a major flop, Hamilton was a major flop, Wells was a major flop, and.... yeah.

Trying to buy our way out of bad player development with shitty FA signings mixed with some bad luck (Skaggs, Ohtani's arm issues, TJ surgeries, etc.) and rolling out a squadron of back-end rotation guys year after year and here's where we are.  Not bad enough to ever rebuild, not good enough to compete against top tier clubs.

They absolutely should have had a fire sale at the 2016 deadline. Cam was having an anomaly season, Calhouns value was at it's peak etc. The Angels would be in a much better position by simply retooling that 1 year. That's all it would have taken. The Angels have somehow managed to be bad with no tanking involved.

It's a sad state of affairs when fans on a message board know that ownership is making the wrong moves year after year and call it as it's happening. These "experts" employed by Arte are far from it.

It's all moot since Arte is the one hiring people that aren't qualified and continues to do so. Unless he sells the team, this will just continue to happen. My Penguins have competent ownership (back to back Stanley Cups 16-17, 12 straight years in the playoffs and just fired coaches and promise major changes after a first round upset) and the Lakers are finally getting their act back together at least(due to tanking)