• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Taylor Ward is catching again!

Chuck

38 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

Not this year...You can only make trades from your 60 player pool....

Who is going to make a move for a (so far) career minor league player??  Unless some team loses every single catcher in their player pool....maybe.  But a trade this year is not likely to happen.

He is in the 60 player pool....

3 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

I know he is...Taylor Ward is probably worth a low level minor leaguer....Pretty much any return for a guy like Ward is not a some other teams current 60 man player pool.

Those DiPoto 1st round draft picks are the gift that keeps on giving...not to be mention International signings like Baldoquin....

• 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yes we agree they would have received nothing for Taylor Ward on July 23, 2020.

Ward was allegedly (I was never able to confirm it) one of the players the Dodgers wanted in Feb 2020 in the Stripling-Pederson deal. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

12 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Ward was allegedly (I was never able to confirm it) one of the players the Dodgers wanted in Feb 2020 in the Stripling-Pederson deal. 

Ward, at that time, was probably involved with a mess of trade talk since he was expendable and probably the easiest “throw-in”. . . I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it was the Angels trying to insert him into deals hoping the other team could squint and see something worth having.

But I don’t see the point of being up this old post from 2020.  I don’t think anyone would disagree that Ward in 2020 was closer to worthless (basically a throw in) than being a premium prospect to be a significant part to acquire an impact player.

Obviously his value has changed tremendously and everyone who follows the Angels is very happy for that to be true.

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Ward, at that time, was probably involved with a mess of trade talk since he was expendable and probably the easiest “throw-in”. . . I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it was the Angels trying to insert him into deals hoping the other team could squint and see something worth having.

But I don’t see the point of being up this old post from 2020.  I don’t think anyone would disagree that Ward in 2020 was closer to worthless (basically a throw in) than being a premium prospect to be a significant part to acquire an impact player.

Obviously his value has changed tremendously and everyone who follows the Angels is very happy for that to be true.

Nobody saw it coming, including Jeff Fletcher….

Just now, DMVol said:

Nobody saw it coming, including Jeff Fletcher….

I sure didn’t.  I was so done with this guy.  Obviously I pull for all minor leaguers to develop and be good players.  I had no personal beef with Ward.  I just thought the ship had sailed and I really thought it was time to move on.

I probably displayed the frustration most often when people talked about trades because people are often so protective of the premium prospects but they still want to acquire high quality impact players. . . So there is a tendency to suggest the Angels keep the premium prospects and somehow acquire an elite talent by trading a volume of third tier prospects and throw-ins.

So sometimes it feels appropriate to point out that a certain player isn’t going to get you what you are looking for.

No quantity of (the 2020 version of) Taylor Wards was going to get the Angels an impact player.

They would have had to be willing to move one of their premium prospects and then maybe Ward would have been a throw in at the end.

In that honest context, saying he had no trade value was fair.

In 2020, he was neither worthless nor had premium prospect value.  He'd have been a mid level addition to someone else to get an elite player.  People undervalue proximity to the majors.  What they don't realize is that for certain teams, a guy who's the 20th ranked prospect in AAA putting up really good numbers might have more value than the top 100 guy in low A.  That's why trades are so f'n hard.  

17 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I saw it coming. I said so in 2018, but deleted the post a couple weeks ago because I didn't want to make y'all feel stupid. But really, I did. If you followed me on twitter, you'd know.

half-baked.gif

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

I saw it coming. I said so in 2018, but deleted the post a couple weeks ago because I didn't want to make y'all feel stupid. But really, I did. If you followed me on twitter, you'd know.

What's your Twitter handle?

MLBtradevalues has Ward's value currently at 1. Guessing if his name were to come up in trade discussions, a team would have to offer considerably more value than that in return. Of course, it would make no sense for the Angels to trade him currently, and another team would be foolish to without having a better idea of how sustainable his new adjustments are.