• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

League & Union Reportedly "Closing In" On Deal For 2020 Season

m0nkey

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

A challenge to guys like you, yes.  I think we’re about to see a cool sprint that will be a little different and thus kinda cool.   I’m sure you think players will mail it in because you can’t understand that players are competitive by nature.  You don’t make it to the majors by not being competitive.  

The players understood this was possible/likely when they agreed to this on March 26th, they wanted the grounds for a grievance -- they believe they got it.  If Manfred wants to screw them a little he will announce a season for 62 or 64 games....  The acting in bad faith argument gets weaker....  I'd laugh If he did.

So I am guessing this means no expanded playoffs?  So the league will have to pay the players full prorated but won’t have the extra playoff revenue?  Or am I wrong and the expanded playoffs were agreed upon as part of the March agreement.  

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So I am guessing this means no expanded playoffs?  So the league will have to pay the players full prorated but won’t have the extra playoff revenue?  Or am I wrong and the expanded playoffs were agreed upon as part of the March agreement.  

The March 26th agreement allowed for one time changes to the postseason.   So, up to Manfred I guess.

https://apnews.com/dd87bcc774d608e53624594fe56fab0c

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

The March 26th agreement allowed for one time changes to the postseason.   So, up to Manfred I guess.

Then they will absolutely do it.  I think I read Bob Nightengale say that Manfred is going to institute a 60 game season.  To me that is exactly what he should do or simply make it 66 games so there is no real chance at a grievance .  

39 minutes ago, Stradling said:

A challenge to guys like you, yes.  I think we’re about to see a cool sprint that will be a little different and thus kinda cool.   I’m sure you think players will mail it in because you can’t understand that players are competitive by nature.  You don’t make it to the majors by not being competitive.  

Well let’s see what type of product shows up on the field. Between Covid, grievances and no-shows it should be one beautiful cohesive adventure. 

2 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

These chumps better do something to win back the fans once the next full regular season happens. Juice the baseballs or something!  Ton of us aren't making money or making a little bit of money. 

Yea, it isn’t baseballs fault you aren’t making money nor would it be because of them if you were making a ton of money.  And no baseball should not juice the balls.  They just need to play.  

1 hour ago, JustATroutFan said:

These chumps better do something to win back the fans once the next full regular season happens. Juice the baseballs or something!  Ton of us aren't making money or making a little bit of money. 

My unemployment runs out at the end of July and I'm scrambling to figure out something going forward, while many of these overpaid buffoons make more in a single game than I do in a good year. The owners as well are bloated billionaires out of touch with the fans.

Greedy and arrogant SOB's, the whole lot of them!

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

My unemployment runs out at the end of July and I'm scrambling to figure out something going forward, while many of these overpaid buffoons make more in a single game than I do in a good year. The owners as well are bloated billionaires out of touch with the fans.

Greedy and arrogant SOB's, the whole lot of them!

Arrogance and ignorance. Those two words sort of mean the same thing. These greedy fools think that they're above everyone else. Just to think, they're getting paid more than cops (there's good ones out there but bad ones as well), firefighters, and doctors. And those jobs saves many lives before.