• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

No games for me

8 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

There are about 12 teams that stand to lose money if they play and the post season ends up canceled due to a second wave. The one or two owners Heyman sights are probably the two that could lose money even with the playoffs, but MLB could step up and cover the loses for a couple of franchises. 

mlb-players-are.jpg

13 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Some of these writers are getting angry and sounding pretty bitter on Twitter.

I don't blame them though. They have seen a bunch of their colleagues laid off because of the lack of baseball to report on.

Considering some of them may never actually play a single game because MLBs intent to cut minor league teams, it's less about bitterness and more about the genuinely sad state of the game.  I mean you linked to Victor's post previously, that guys love of the game is undisputed and yet look at where he's at.  Did you catch Bill Shaikins article about the March 26th agreement today?  It's pretty clear the owners are guilty of dirty pool, it all leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.

5 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

There are about 12 teams that stand to lose money if they play and the post season ends up canceled due to a second wave. The one or two owners Heyman sights are probably the two that could lose money even with the playoffs, but MLB could step up and cover the loses for a couple of franchises. 

You know who doesn't want to see the season scuttled.... The tanking teams... They want their cut of the TV deals and playoff money.

One of the main reasons I can’t side with the owners is they’ve chosen this year to not revenue share with one another.  So instead of the owners helping each other out they ask their employees to take on that burden.   To me it seems simple, full prorated deals with deferred money for contracts over a certain amount, paid out over the next 2-3 seasons.  So if Trout and Cole are the highest paid players this year and they play half a season they should get $18 million for this year.   Defer half, now you gotta pay those two $3 million extra over the next 3 seasons.  They’ll survive.  

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

One of the main reasons I can’t side with the owners is they’ve chosen this year to not revenue share with one another.  So instead of the owners helping each other out they ask their employees to take on that burden.   To me it seems simple, full prorated deals with deferred money for contracts over a certain amount, paid out over the next 2-3 seasons.  So if Trout and Cole are the highest paid players this year and they play half a season they should get $18 million for this year.   Defer half, now you gotta pay those two $3 million extra over the next 3 seasons.  They’ll survive. 

They’ll survive regardless of what happens this season. 

On 6/14/2020 at 12:30 PM, Chuckster70 said:

I definitely will. My son lives two hours away and my sister just moved from up here to Prescott, AZ. 

If our state doesn't get their shit together up here I'm probably going to rent a house for all of Sept & Oct to take a break from up here. I will definitely be going to games if that's where they'll be played. 

Might be best to take a good look at the what the pandemic is doing to Arizona.  Their cases are rising rapidly, and hospitals are getting full.  At least Washington has some valuable experience with this disease.  I have friends in Arizona who are really frustrated with the lack of residents taking this much too lightly.  The use of masks seems pretty low.