• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Reminds me of watching a sports event and the announcer says, "Wow!! The first time in NBA history that a player has ever scored 29 points, 11 rebounds, with 8 assists in five straight games!!!"

"This is the first time in MLB history that a player named Jeff Mathis got 5 RBIs in a playoff game!"

8 minutes ago, Franklin Bluth said:

Lol @ Trump likening Confederate soldiers to "heroes." He doesn't like soldiers who were captured, but he'll defend the legacy of slavery champions.

Have we removed the Democrat name and mascot ? I’m with you on this. Everyone needs to address their inner racist souls and purge all symbols of historically racist views. We could replace the jacksss with a gender neutral person of color. Maybe trade the red white and blue for rainbow colors. We could place a buffalo soldier riding a unicorn. I did the design now help me out with the name

1 minute ago, angelinkc said:

Have we removed the Democrat name and mascot ? I’m with you on this. Everyone needs to address their inner racist souls and purge all symbols of historically racist views. We could replace the jacksss with a gender neutral person of color. Maybe trade the red white and blue for rainbow colors. We could place a buffalo soldier riding a unicorn. I did the design now help me out with the name

Agreed. Great post.

We shouldn't take down monuments, statues, etc.

Everyone focuses on the wrong symbolism.

I was for it, but flipped my stance when I heard from prominent black folks about what it means to our heritage and how we can learn from the negative components like we do with other facets of history.

If I was still on the fence this guy got me off of it. His name is Daryl Davis and he's a black blues musician. He started befriending KKK members and has had over 200 turn in their robes and change their views. He's a great man and his views were to keep everything and use them as tools, he changed my mind, and I agree with him. His Joe Rogan podcast is one of my favorites of all-time and really profound. The way he articulates racism, tolerance, acceptance, etc. with his thought process is worth listening to. Very interesting story if you get a chance.

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/20/544861933/how-one-man-convinced-200-ku-klux-klan-members-to-give-up-their-robes

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

We shouldn't take down monuments, statues, etc.

Everyone focuses on the wrong symbolism.

I was for it, but flipped my stance when I heard from prominent black folks about what it means to our heritage and how we can learn from the negative components like we do with other facets of history.

If I was still on the fence this guy got me off of it. His name is Daryl Davis and he's a black blues musician. He started befriending KKK members and has had over 200 turn in their robes and change their views. He's a great man and his views were to keep everything and use them as tools, he changed my mind, and I agree with him. His Joe Rogan podcast is one of my favorites of all-time and really profound. The way he articulates racism, tolerance, acceptance, etc. with his thought process is worth listening to. Very interesting story if you get a chance.

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/20/544861933/how-one-man-convinced-200-ku-klux-klan-members-to-give-up-their-robes

Fuck that.

1 hour ago, Franklin Bluth said:

Interesting. I'll have to give that a listen.

Let me know what you think.

I think we differ on a lot, but are also rational on other things. I'm curious of your thought process and if things differ from my own......that's how we learn.

Granted, I haven't watched it since it came out in January and don't remember every single detail.