• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

2 minutes ago, cezero said:

I actually agree. 

And I'm glad you understand that it's all a political ploy from Donald, Adam.  And when it comes to outsourcing, it's not just a Republican thing. Democrats aren't doing jack shit about it, either, and they got penalized for not lying about it. If you look at the electoral map, Donald's lying about this issue was a pretty giant reason for his becoming POTUS.

I feel badly for the actual workers. Outsourcing is inevitable for the very reason you stated, and not just for blue collar jobs, but also tech jobs.  

There isn't anything that can be done or should be done. Saving something that is unnecessary is inefficient at best. Reckless at worst. I understand that not everyone has an ideal home life with culturally and economically aware parental figures to guide them toward a path that gives them the best chance at having a good life, but really that is the best solution out there. 

11 minutes ago, Adam said:

There isn't anything that can be done or should be done. Saving something that is unnecessary is inefficient at best. Reckless at worst. I understand that not everyone has an ideal home life with culturally and economically aware parental figures to guide them toward a path that gives them the best chance at having a good life, but really that is the best solution out there. 

Agreed.  The rest of the world is going to continue to catch up to the developed countries and nothing is going to change that.  People here (and in the UK, parts of Europe, etc.) want to get paid more for doing less work while people in less developed countries are willing to work 70+ hour weeks to get a better life.  At some point workers in those less developed countries will demand higher wages and maybe we'll be more competitive here but the fact is there will always be some less developed country with lax laws who will do it for cheaper.  

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/2016/12/06/trump-announces-50b-investment-from-japans-softbank.html

Trump Announces $50B Investment from Japan's SoftBank

Son, who wore a red tie and red sweater under his suit jacket, told reporters his company would create jobs by investing in start up companies in the United States.

"I just came to celebrate his new job. We were talking about it. Then I said I would like to celebrate his presidential job and commit, because he would do a lot of deregulation. I said this is great. The United States would become great again," Son said.

"Softbank said on Nov. 7, the day before the U.S. election, it planned to make future large-scale investments via the $100 billion tech fund, rather than on its own, to avoid growing already bloated debt."

So they had the money, ready to invest, and it seems the Trump claim is that it would have gone elsewhere, rather than here. Perhaps so.

I am, however, wary of the deregulation idea, without seeing it - and I stand to make money from said deregulations.

Also, why would one care about the tie and sweater...? 

2 minutes ago, red321 said:

Are they defending the Boeing contract, or are they questioning why the President Elect is making threats to a corporation because he read an article where someone from that company criticized him?

Oh nothing that nuanced. Felt purely a knee jerk reaction to Trump being against something so they had to be for it. They chided ABC News for repeating Trump's "lie" and thus perpetuating fake news that the two planes would cost 4 billion. Amazingly enough though he is in the ballpark. (Honestly they'll be lucky to get them for that total)
http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielreed/2016/12/07/trumps-tweet-threatening-to-cancel-the-air-force-one-replacement-program-sends-many-messages/#79ad53641694

Not really a surprise since I know the ones they made previously were really expensive and even the one before that is at Reagan library (that my grandfather worked on :-) ) was god awfully expensive.

I was traveling the last few days, but what I saw on it was more of a where the hell did this come from and it was noticed his tweet came out shortly after an article quoting a Boeing exec criticizing him.

His staff says it wasn't, though history isn't so kind. Pretty random comment on his part. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/12/06/did-donald-trump-tank-boeings-stock-because-he-was-mad-about-a-news-article/

31 minutes ago, red321 said:

Pretty random comment on his part.

Random yet consistent. Another loud noisemaker of a tweet to grab attention and shallowly portray himself as being budget conscious. Even the extra bonus of (well sort of) self sacrifice since these are the Presidential aircraft he my briefly use in a hypothetical second term. And if it fucks over the folks that criticized him, so much the better for him I suppose. I swear if the man was the Angels GM I think he could convince half the board that we should sign Josh Hamilton to another 100 million dollar contract then keep his job by blaming said Josh Hamilton via Twitter.