• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

11 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Wait a minute, the left uses the hate term all the time.  You don't think there is hatred from the BLM?  Come on.

and "you wont lose your healthcare" was not a campaign promise.  He was president and pushing the ACA and that lie has had a much bigger impact on Americans than anything Trump has done.

There is a difference between using the term hate and hatred/inciting hatred and violence. Do I think there are people within the BLM movement who hate, of course...there are people of extremes all over the place. Do I equate those people with the entire Black Lives Matter movement, no I don't.

Excuse me...campaign style promise.

13 minutes ago, red321 said:

There is a difference between using the term hate and hatred/inciting hatred and violence. Do I think there are people within the BLM movement who hate, of course...there are people of extremes all over the place. Do I equate those people with the entire Black Lives Matter movement, no I don't.

Excuse me...campaign style promise.

I'd forgotten that the left has hijacked the word "hate" to wield it as a weapon.  People on the right aren't allowed to use that term unless it is directed at themselves.

Some of  us see these things in such an incredibly different way that it's not even worth engaging over.  I am unable to comprehend how someone can with honesty look at Trumps rhetoric stoking up racial fears often times by using crude racial stereotypes/blatantly lying.  And then think "oh I've seen this before, it's pretty much like Obama". We're talking about racial hatred and MT starts talking about ACA.  Like its the same thing.  It's like the twilight zone.  

And I think Lou was saying that the trump stuff is the same because black people voted largely for Obama.  Right, because that was what Obama was telling them. To hate whitey.  It's all the same.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

39 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Some of  us see these things in such an incredibly different way that it's not even worth engaging over.  

When would this regardless of context ever be the case? Wouldn't the worth of engagement only increase as the difference does likewise? 

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Some of  us see these things in such an incredibly different way that it's not even worth engaging over.  I am unable to comprehend how someone can with honesty look at Trumps rhetoric stoking up racial fears often times by using crude racial stereotypes/blatantly lying.  And then think "oh I've seen this before, it's pretty much like Obama". We're talking about racial hatred and MT starts talking about ACA.  Like its the same thing.  It's like the twilight zone.  

And I think Lou was saying that the trump stuff is the same because black people voted largely for Obama.  Right, because that was all Obama was telling them to hate whitey.  It's all the same.  

Talk about a disconnect.  I was responding to a post about lying.  Stop making crap up.  

It is funny to me how some folks get flustered when others don't see things the same way they do.

15 hours ago, Tank said:

kinda sounds like how obama supporters were.

and dubya supporters.

and clinton supporters.

and . . . well, you get the idea.

here's what nate said that prompted my response: "Everyone should report the things he does wrong, but they should also directly attack him and his lies.  It is total propaganda and it is brain washing his followers."

14 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

none of those previous presidents rose to prominence by stirring up racial tensions.  That is a uniquely Donald thing and he has thrived off of it.  It's a huge false equivalency you're making here man.  

each presidents' followers/supporters seem to turn a blind eye to their faults. this is nothing unique to the donald, and that was my point. obama's supporters did it, dubya's supporters did, clinton's supporters did it, and so on.

and to think that obama's presidency didn't have any racial overtones is an inaccurate rewriting of history.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

here's what nate said that prompted my response: "Everyone should report the things he does wrong, but they should also directly attack him and his lies.  It is total propaganda and it is brain washing his followers."

each presidents' followers/supporters seem to turn a blind eye to their faults. this is nothing unique to the donald, and that was my point. obama's supporters did it, dubya's supporters did, clinton's supporters did it, and so on.

and to think that obama's presidency didn't have any racial overtones is an inaccurate rewriting of history.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/05/12/black-voter-turnout-fell-in-2016-even-as-a-record-number-of-americans-cast-ballots/

I wonder why the African American vote declined in 2016 when it saw increases in 2008 and 2012? One thing for sure is race had nothing to do with it

1 minute ago, Jason said:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/05/12/black-voter-turnout-fell-in-2016-even-as-a-record-number-of-americans-cast-ballots/

I wonder why the African American vote declined in 2016 when it saw increases in 2008 and 2012? One thing for sure is race had nothing to do with it

Which is surprising because Hillary loves hot sauce

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Yeah, it's really amazing that black people, when given the chance for the first time in their lives, voted en masse for a black man for president.  What a shocker and damn them for the racists they are.  

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Yeah, it's really amazing that black people, when given the chance for the first time in their lives, voted en masse for a black man for president.  What a shocker and damn them for the racists they are.  

Nobody said they're racists but it supports Tank's statement that race played a part in Obama's presidency