• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Ohio girl, 13, stabbed to death, and another 13-year-old girl is charged with her murder (msn.com)

I guess they were right, teens have been having knife fights for eons and cops aren't needed to police their communities. Has BLM or Lebron raised any concerns or outrage over this yet?

if left to themselves, people will always do the right thing.

or something like that.

Portland rioters smash way through downtown after state-of-emergency extension

Police in Portland, Oregon, declared a riot in the northwest part of the city late Friday night after rioters began smashing windows, tagging graffiti on buildings and broke into a restaurant.

A resident who was filming the mayhem had a rock thrown through his window by a rioter, police said.

The unrest came after Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler extended the state of emergency in the city through the weekend over possible continued unrest, according to FOX 12 of Oregon.

The Portland Police Bureau said the planned protest that had been billed as an "autonomous demonstration." It started around 9 p.m. PT with around 75 protesters dressed all in black who started vandalizing property around 15 minutes after they began marching from a park near the city's downtown.

Are NYPD officers rushing to retire amid city’s anti-cop climate?

More than 5,300 NYPD uniformed officers retired or put in their papers to leave in 2020 — a 75 percent spike from the year before, department data show.

The exodus — amid the pandemic, anti-cop hostility, riots and a skyrocketing number of NYC shootings — saw 2,600 officers say goodbye to the job and another 2,746 file for retirement, a combined 5,346.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/24/are-nypd-officers-rushing-to-retire-amid-citys-anti-cop-climate/

34 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

More than 5,300 NYPD uniformed officers retired or put in their papers to leave in 2020 — a 75 percent spike from the year before, department data show.

The exodus — amid the pandemic, anti-cop hostility, riots and a skyrocketing number of NYC shootings — saw 2,600 officers say goodbye to the job and another 2,746 file for retirement, a combined 5,346.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/24/are-nypd-officers-rushing-to-retire-amid-citys-anti-cop-climate/

Good.  Hopefully they all quit and the city can see what Gotham can truly be.  

58 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I'd like to see how many were hired before claiming it's a mass exodus. With that said, I'd retire too if I was a cop 

15 minutes ago, cals said:

Again, we’re apologetically ignoring the ethnicity of the assailant.  If the bitch was white, you think that would be pointed out?

The only concern is being able to label things under the umbrella of "hate". It's hard to do that when everyone involved is a person of color. 

ESPN's Max Kellerman expresses concerns over NFL Draft's top QB picks being 'White guy, White guy, White guy'

Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Mac Jones and Trey Lance are expected to be the quarterbacks going in the first round, with Davis Mills and Kyle Trask possibly also going later in the first round, which many believe would be a stunning turn of events.

When discussing White and Black quarterbacks on Tuesday, ESPN’s Max Kellerman took issue with the notion that the stock of a Black quarterback falls before the draft, specifically citing the rumors that Fields may not be a top one or two pick.

"I know it’s on my radar," the "First Take" co-host said. "Sometimes quarterbacks rise, sometimes they fall, but what I’ve noticed, in recent years after decades of artificial barriers being put in place for Black quarterbacks is that vis-a-vis White quarterbacks, Black quarterbacks in the draft tend to fall pre-draft.

"Sometimes it’s right, Daniel Jones looks like he’s going to be better than Dwayne Haskins. And sometimes it’s wrong. Mitch Trubisky is not as good as Deshaun Watson or certainly not Patrick Mahomes.

"The point is, the correlation that can be made, is that your status falls, vis a vis White quarterbacks, and so that’s why my antenna are up when I notice one, two and three this year – White guy, White guy, White guy. But that may be correct. We need to see in the end how these guys turn out as pros."

Justin Fields is one of the top picks

Has Kellerman not been paying attention on how many of these black “athletic” type QBs struggle in the NFL? Athleticism at that position is not near as important as it is with others. What’s between their ears is what separates the great QBs from the mediocre ones in the NFL. It works in college for them as the competition is at a much lower level. NFL defenses have little trouble making adjustments to the read options and the speed of these QBs. Once they have to use their brains, read defenses and manage the game they struggle. Plus injuries are always a factor with them. 

Edited by Jason

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Dude, you just went full Al Campanis.

45 minutes ago, cals said:

Jason the Greek

I can't say I followed those guys that much but I'm calling it as I see it. You'll notice I was focused on "athleticism" as opposed to "black". To be fair, most QBs drafted in the NFL do not have the mental ability to play that position. That's why most teams have mediocre QBs. Also, am I wrong? 

Edited by Jason

Teams are going to draft players they think are the best fit based on their needs, the type of offense/defense they run, character evaluations and sometimes because a player falls and they feel the value is too good to pass up.  If San Fran takes Jones at 3 it's because that's who they believe is the best available QB suited to run their offense.

Most teams have mediocre QB's at best because there's only so many truly elite QB's in the league at any given time.  Elite QB's use a combination of physical skills and decision making ability to avoid making poor choices.  Jameis Winston led the NFL in passing yards in 2019 but he also turned the ball over 33 times and landed a backup role in 2020.  Perhaps a year sitting behind Brees will help him in 2021 but for him it's not an issue of being able to make throws it's knowing when to throw it away, to put the ball somewhere only his receiver has a chance to catch it and how to make adjustments at the line based on the defense.

7 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Teams are going to draft players they think are the best fit based on their needs, the type of offense/defense they run, character evaluations and sometimes because a player falls and they feel the value is too good to pass up.  If San Fran takes Jones at 3 it's because that's who they believe is the best available QB suited to run their offense.

Most teams have mediocre QB's at best because there's only so many truly elite QB's in the league at any given time.  Elite QB's use a combination of physical skills and decision making ability to avoid making poor choices.  Jameis Winston led the NFL in passing yards in 2019 but he also turned the ball over 33 times and landed a backup role in 2020.  Perhaps a year sitting behind Brees will help him in 2021 but for him it's not an issue of being able to make throws it's knowing when to throw it away or put the ball somewhere only his receiver has a chance to catch it.

I need Winston as a starter back in my life. 

On 4/26/2021 at 11:07 AM, gotbeer said:

Good.  Hopefully they all quit and the city can see what Gotham can truly be.  

giphy.gif (245×184) | Super movie, Movie tv, Snake plissken

Snake will be ready.

Edited by True Grich