• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

27 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Most Portland riot suspects will not be prosecuted: US attorney

David Bouchard admitted he put a Customs and Border Protection officer in a chokehold. Charles Comfort was indicted by a grand jury of civil disorder for twice charging at Portland Police Bureau officers and hitting them with a makeshift shield then kicking a third officer while being arrested. Both men faced federal charges stemming from their actions during a summer of more than 100 straight nights of often violent protests in Portland. But Bouchard and Comfort are among dozens of Portland federal arrestees whose cases were dismissed or are being deferred without so much as a day behind bars. 

Between May 25 and Oct. 7, the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Oregon filed federal charges against 97 people connected to the Portland unrest. Since then 58 of those cases have either been dismissed outright or are on track for dismissal through a deferred resolution agreement. Thirty-two cases are still pending, with many likely to also end in dismissal according to sources. Seven people have entered guilty pleas.

What a shithole.  

6 hours ago, Rico said:

Arkansas rushed to kill this guy because the lethal drug was expiring. 

The article gives almost zero information. It could easily be interpreted as this guy had an accomplice in the murder. With that said, this is why I have conflicting views on the death penalty.  

58 minutes ago, Toby Flenderson said:

The article gives almost zero information. It could easily be interpreted as this guy had an accomplice in the murder. With that said, this is why I have conflicting views on the death penalty.  

It could definitely be interpreted as establishing reasonable doubt yet they killed him anyway coz you never want to waste a perfectly good batch of poison 

11 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

It could definitely be interpreted as establishing reasonable doubt yet they killed him anyway coz you never want to waste a perfectly good batch of poison 

Right. That’s why I said I have conflicting views on the death penalty. That is a very final outcome. Kind of hard to undo 

4 minutes ago, Toby Flenderson said:

If this is accurate it's good evidence for any future appeals for Chauvin. 

Appeals, or have the verdict thrown out and a new trial issued?  One of the lawyers or Cals can probably answer better.  

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Appeals, or have the verdict thrown out and a new trial issued?  One of the lawyers or Cals can probably answer better.  

That will never happen. No way a court is going to put their lives and family's lives in jeopardy over this. At this point it has nothing to do with justice and the rule of law.  

1 hour ago, cals said:

He gave him hypertension, forced him to smoke crack and made him resist arrest? Fuck, they didn’t tell me that on Fox News.

Did Chauvin give him Covid, too?

Of course not, but he still killed him.

Sign into one of the alt accounts next time. It's more believable.

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I leave town for a week and it gets out of control. I specifically told the San Dimas sheriffs to shoot women who are using their cell phones while driving and twice if they can't produce a driver's license while waiting for paramedics.

1 hour ago, lolok said:

Of course not, but he still killed him.

Sign into one of the alt accounts next time. It's more believable.

The judicial system cannot support a juror lying during selection. Chauvin's constitutional rights were denied. The prosecution cannot benefit from fruit of the poisoned tree, whether that be by illegally obtained evidence or jury corruption. 

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The judicial system cannot support a juror lying during selection. Chauvin's constitutional rights were denied. The prosecution cannot benefit from fruit of the poisoned tree, whether that be by illegally obtained evidence or jury corruption. 

Is there a reason you quoted me?

I remember  a few people questioning the process of this trial a few weeks ago. Did we really need a picture of a lying jury member to change opinions? I mean we spent a year with panties on our head with nothing but a video game as evidence. People still want to wear the panties now that mortality data suggest no real advantage.