• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

10 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Is it racist to point out Asians like rice? I don't think it is. 

It's a staple of Asian cuisine like beans are to Mexican food. If cultural facts are considered racist then we are all stupid for allowing that 

19 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Person-to-person prejudice involves making judgments about someone based on their skin color, gender, religion, etc.

Systemic or institutional racism is the policies, norms, and practices (conscious and unconscious) that result in members of a dominant group contributing to the marginalization of a people group based on their skin color. It's sounds very heady and theoretical, but it's a real concept that has been identified and studied since the 1960s. There's even a Wikipedia page for it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institutional_racism

The study I linked to earlier looked at close 100 million traffic stops and found that, according to the statistics, black people and other minorities are objectively more likely to be pulled over than white people in broad daylight, but after the sun goes down, the disparity evens out. Our friend cals brought up a fair point: did they differentiate between white cops, black cops, Hispanic cops, etc.? My point was, the race of the cops doesn't matter if the data reveals that minority drivers are more likely to be pulled over than white drivers, except at night when it's more difficult to see who is driving the vehicle. To me, that indicates a system in which police are trained (consciously or unconsciously) to see minorities with more suspicion than white people. Why would a person from the allegedly marginalized group participate in systemic racism? It's a complicated question with many complicated answers, but that very question has also been studied for decades.

If you want a book answer, go read the statistics on fatherless homes. Racism isn’t destroying the mass majority of black lives. Fatherless homes and poor education are crushing their culture. Fatherless homes can be traced to welfare. As a Christian, you should understand the importance of family structure and the man’s direct responsibility to lead the family. I know this isn’t emphasized in the modern day liberation theology churches but that doesn’t make it any less true. 

5 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't even know where to begin with this, but holy shit if this isn't the most unironically perfect example of racism in 2020.

"Well we're definitely racist, but we have a reason to be!"

That's literally the definition of systemic racism. You have a racist view of how black people act, and that prevents you from seeing them in a positive light. "Hire, mentor, promote, trust, like, etc..." indeed. Why would anyone hire a black person when they blast annoying music you "can't stand"? They're obviously untrustworthy and a criminal.

I really hope this post was sarcasm because I just can't accept that you're this stupid.

Of course my post would go over the head of someone on the left who are always so quick to throw out the racist card. 

My point was that we cannot have real discussions about race in this country because everyone is blind to some aspects of it. The level of ignorance shared by most people on this subject is extreme because we can’t talk about it. We will never solve racism in this country without understanding the processes that create it, nor will we solve racism by villainizing people acting in their own biological self interests. 

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Of course my post would go over the head of someone on the left who are always so quick to throw out the racist card. 

My point was that we cannot have real discussions about race in this country because everyone is blind to some aspects of it. The level of ignorance shared by most people on this subject is extreme because we can’t talk about it. We will never solve racism in this country without understanding the processes that create it, nor will we solve racism by villainizing people acting in their own biological self interests. 

Shut up.

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

I was walking into costco yesterday and there was a mexican dude waiting for a parking spot and some fat ass black lady just swooped in and took it, then made her way over to the food court to probably buy herself a pizza for dinner.

I wish the mexican guy made a scene out of it

Is it racist when an Asian sides with a Mexican over a black?

49 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

If you want a book answer, go read the statistics on fatherless homes. Racism isn’t destroying the mass majority of black lives. Fatherless homes and poor education are crushing their culture. Fatherless homes can be traced to welfare. As a Christian, you should understand the importance of family structure and the man’s direct responsibility to lead the family. I know this isn’t emphasized in the modern day liberation theology churches but that doesn’t make it any less true. 

It's hard for men to lead the family when they are being systemically locked up.

31 minutes ago, Adam said:

We are 7 months out from Taylor becoming a preachy atheist

Heck no, dude. There are plenty of Christians from evangelical backgrounds who are just as passionate about this stuff as I am. There are many black Christian leaders who are leading racial reconciliation movements in the Church, and slowly but surely, white people are helping lead the charge.

The gospel of Christ requires me to take justice and equality seriously.

Just now, Taylor said:

Heck no, dude. There are plenty of Christians from evangelical backgrounds who are just as passionate about this stuff as I am. There are many black Christian leaders who are leading racial reconciliation movements in the Church, and slowly but surely, white people are helping lead the charge.

In before cals says something about a sky wizard.

7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I suggest do more than make aw and Facebook posts. You can save money and have an immediate impact as an ambassador in the black community. There is plenty of vacant housing in black communities. Rent or buy you a place in close proximity to the chicken shack.