• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

3 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Being defiant and resisting officers with weapons drawn can result in your ass getting shot.

Weird how that works.

No. It should result in your ass getting tased and arrested.

Getting shot in the back 7 times is not a "normal" result. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

No. It should result in your ass getting tased and arrested.

Getting shot in the back 7 times is not a "normal" result. 

They did tase him. It didn't work. We still do not know all the facts yet either so nobody with common sense should be making judgments yet. 

1 minute ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Remember, rioters should have an expectation of no resistance! They should be able to burn cities down if they feel like it.

They're meeting resistance. 

Vigilantism is not resistance. I know you cons get a boner from the idea of getting to shoot someone, particularly a black person, but let the police do their job. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

They did tase him. It didn't work. We still do not know all the facts yet either so nobody with common sense should be making judgments yet. 

I know facts: he was shot in the back 7 times. What "facts" will come out that would justify that?

6 minutes ago, Rico said:

Tired of the riots?  Perhaps cops shouldn't shoot people 7 times in the back.

This is what I don't understand. Riots suck, and many of the rioters are opportunists, but where's the outrage from everyday Americans about police shooting an unarmed person 7 times?

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

I know facts: he was shot in the back 7 times. What "facts" will come out that would justify that?

What if he had threatened the cops (or someone else there) and there was a weapon in the car where he could reach it from where he was getting in?

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

They're meeting resistance. 

Vigilantism is not resistance. I know you cons get a boner from the idea of getting to shoot someone, particularly a black person, but let the police do their job. 

The right to protect life and property is kind of a thing, so yeah it's wholly justified. 

6 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

You think all these riots are justified? You sir are a fucking idiot.

Cause and effect.  You can't have law and order without justice.  Where is the justice for Breonna Taylor?  Justice for Elijah McClain?  And many others.  

These riots don't start over nothing.  You want them to stop?  How about actually holding cops accountable when they shoot someone?

Just now, Jason said:

What if he had threatened the cops (or someone else there) and there was a weapon in the car where he could reach it from where he was getting in?

I mean sure, maybe? 

I don't think that's the case, though. How many police shootings have had incredible revelations after the fact that completely condone their actions? Saying you're "waiting for more information" seems like you just don't want to admit a dude was shot 7 fucking times in the back.

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

This is what I don't understand. Riots suck, and many of the rioters are opportunists, but where's the outrage from everyday Americans about police shooting an unarmed person 7 times?

These days these types of situations become instantly political. Your side uses them as arguments of racism, or police brutatlity, or whatever. Almost every time it's more nuanced than that, and the other side recognizes that. Your side also uses these situations as an excuse to riot and ruin normal people's lives. The other side very much dislikes that. Insert political divide here.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Intelligent, everyday Americans wait for all the facts to come out before making that judgment. None of us where there. If there was no weapon I'll be the first to say arrest the officer. If there was a weapon in the car then it's justified 

Just now, Make Angels Great Again said:

These days these types of situations become instantly political. Your side uses them as arguments of racism, or police brutatlity, or whatever. Almost every time it's more nuanced than that, and the other side recognizes that. Your side also uses these situations as an excuse to riot and ruin normal people's lives. The other side very much dislikes that. Insert political divide here.

So police killings are nuanced, but the riots are just excuses to ruin normal people's lives. Cool story, bro.

By the way, you never responded to my description of systemic racism. I'll take that to mean you agree with it, and you learned something new. 

5 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

The right to protect life and property is kind of a thing, so yeah it's wholly justified. 

He put himself in that situation.  The gun he brought with him escalated the scene.  He's not even from that state.