• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels option Luke Bard, Ryan Buchter, Michael Hermosillo and Jared Walsh to Triple-A

rafibomb

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Player transactions seem rather unnecessary right now. Anyone know better why they’re making these moves?

One of the reasons is that anyone who gets hurt while on the major league roster has to go on the major league IL. So if Luke Bard is throwing a bullpen to his brother-in-law on a college mound in Kansas or something, and he blows out his elbow, he would have to go on the major league IL and collect major league service time and salary the whole time. 

Also, it's worth noting that whenever the season does start, I would assume they will have rosters expanded beyond 26. Just because someone doesn't look to fit on the opening day roster today, he may still be on it by actual opening day.

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

One of the reasons is that anyone who gets hurt while on the major league roster has to go on the major league IL. So if Luke Bard is throwing a bullpen to his brother-in-law on a college mound in Kansas or something, and he blows out his elbow, he would have to go on the major league IL and collect major league service time and salary the whole time. 

Also, it's worth noting that whenever the season does start, I would assume they will have rosters expanded beyond 26. Just because someone doesn't look to fit on the opening day roster today, he may still be on it by actual opening day.

Are you sure Eppler and the other GMs aren't just bored and are playing an epic version of Strat-o-matic?

I know it's wishful thinking, but since Hermosillo was optioned and Adell wasn't assigned to AAA, does that give him a shot at making the opening day roster?

I realize they could just bring Hermosillo right back up before the season starts, but hey we can all dream.