• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Corona Virus Poll - Week Two

kevinb

Corona Virus Poll #2  

87 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think the baseball season will start?

2. 2. How are you feeling about the Corona Virus now?

3. 3. Has anyone you know gotten sick by the virus yet?

4. 4. Did you buy all the toilet paper, sanitary wipes, and soap you could buy?

5. 5. What have you been doing during this time of quarantine?

• Video games
    • Spend time with family
    • Lots of work
    • Netflix and every other streaming service catching up on shows
    • Sleep
    • Reading Books
    • Panicking
    • Eating all your dooms day food in one day

12 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

I’m not an overly religious person and if you’re not, then please disregard this, but I feel like in my neighborhood there is a lot of truth to this.  I saw more people walking on trails today, and riding bikes with their kids more today than I have in the last 6 months.  There may be a small silver lining to all this shit.

B04AFEEE-5CF9-442B-8FCE-5E615331F6A8.png

Great post. Thank you. 

Shot some video going down the Strip at about 2:20 this afternoon. I'm going to edit it for length (like when we were stopped at lights and so forth) and post it later. It's like a ghost town. A few people on bikes, the scattered pedestrian or two here and there, but that was it.

On 3/21/2020 at 10:35 AM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

We have stopped visiting across the prison system. We are checking incoming staff for temperature at shift change. Anyone 100.4 or higher is being sent home. We have an area on the yard set aside for quarantine if we need it. There have been some false alarms, but so far nothing positive. We had a canteen employee who came through at an odd time when we weren't screening. He went onto the yard with flu-like symptoms. We have quarantined the 20 inmates that he was in close contact with. He has been tested for COVID-19, and we are awaiting the results. So far, everyone that we have tested has been positive for Influenza-A, which rules out COVID-19 according to our briefings from the CDC.

The latest CDC briefing that we received said that if a person contracts COIVID-19, some symptom will appear within 72 hours. People may not develop all of them, but even the people who are asymptomatic won't stay that way.

As if working in the prison system isn't already stressful enough.   Thanks for what you do.

On 3/22/2020 at 5:29 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Shot some video going down the Strip at about 2:20 this afternoon. I'm going to edit it for length (like when we were stopped at lights and so forth) and post it later. It's like a ghost town. A few people on bikes, the scattered pedestrian or two here and there, but that was it.

Get the best camera you can and shoot as much 4K footage as you can and then offer it as stock footage for the studios to use for their next zombie apocalypse movie. 

3 hours ago, nando714 said:

Olympics just postponed 

we will be waiting till July at the least folks.

I believe we will be waiting until July for games played before crowds. I was (still am) hoping games could be played in empty stadiums starting Memorial Day Weekend. 

To be honest, I have no idea if that is even possible, but Joe Maddon suggested the same thing. 

I heard about some of the things going on in California, particularly in San Francisco. Here in Colorado, they aren't much better (we have had 4 people die, including a kid in Pueblo). As of yesterday, Denver has been locked down and quarantined, along with San Francisco, Philadelphia, Seattle and other cities in the country.  My city (Colorado Springs) may be next. The libraries, banks, and the malls in Colorado Springs are closed.are closed. I am in the high risk group (65 and older) and seniors are being advised to stay home, and indoors. With all the precautions that are being taken, I think this pandemic will be under control sooner than people think. The media has blown this up way to much.

cs.jpg

Books. I sure wish there were digitized versions of many of these, but a lot came before that format. But a useful way to fill time in a sports deprived world.

About half my book collection, scattered in different rooms on three floors. Messy as you can see. This time gives me the chance to try and organize and thin out stuff. 

As a former academic, lots of these books were for professional and research purposes. Also a ton of sports, entertainment and screenwriting material too. 

For baseball fiction I started reading 'Return to Yankee Stadium' by Kenn Neyland. A really cool concept. Part speculative fiction, part fact about Roger Maris and how he regretted being forced to retire because of injuries. The book actually was a surprise, because it was thrown in with the Maris autograph I finally acquired at a decent price. 

P_20200325_164243_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg

P_20200325_164442_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20200325_164509_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20200325_165904_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg