• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Corona Virus Poll - Week Two

kevinb

Corona Virus Poll #2  

87 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think the baseball season will start?

2. 2. How are you feeling about the Corona Virus now?

3. 3. Has anyone you know gotten sick by the virus yet?

4. 4. Did you buy all the toilet paper, sanitary wipes, and soap you could buy?

5. 5. What have you been doing during this time of quarantine?

• Video games
    • Spend time with family
    • Lots of work
    • Netflix and every other streaming service catching up on shows
    • Sleep
    • Reading Books
    • Panicking
    • Eating all your dooms day food in one day

Coming back today from a week in Montana where they shut down bars, restaurants and meeting places along with all schools. What wasn't shut down was shopping and all the sporting goods stores were doing business while clothing stores looked pretty vacant. The Wal-Mart was doing OK but not a lot of customers. 

It's a really crappy time to be newly unemployed, I'll tell you that.  Man my luck sucks.  Anyone know of any consumer goods product manager positions in south OC let me know!  (also have some Supply Chain, QC and Customer Service manager experience as well)

5 hours ago, Lou said:

5. What have you been doing during this time of quarantine.

since there is no option for reading a book, I chose catching up on shows 

Only thing i asked for this past christmas was some books (nerd alert).

Between that and a way too extensive movie library, Im set if we get locked in.

But I dont think Ill be home much over the next month.

For the last few years I've worked from home. So this is business as usual for me.

As long as the paychecks keep coming. I can see a situation in which my company asks its employees to take a temporary pay cut. It's a technology company so to lay off your engineering staff would cripple the company's future. I wouldn't be surprised to see cuts in other areas of the company. We'll see.

We moved away from O.C. a couple of years ago. 2 years in June. It was a great move for us. A friend of mine in O.C. who is a real estate agent told me business had been slow, but now he's getting a lot of listings, people who want to move away. Not surprising I guess, but it's going to be a tough market for awhile.

Here in Idaho we are taking steps to keep our social distance, but there's not a sense of panic yet. There's plenty of clean air and open space, and it's Spring.

Hoping for the best.

A coworker's brother has the virus,  he is 34, with diabetes, and is extremely sick.  Meanwhile my corporate BS company, I do maintenance management for apartments, they make us roam the community, work as normal, and "disinfect" the common areas to keep the residents from getting sick.  What about us?  They say, "oh dont worry, after April 2, you get paid sick time"  just dont get sick until then!

We have stopped visiting across the prison system. We are checking incoming staff for temperature at shift change. Anyone 100.4 or higher is being sent home. We have an area on the yard set aside for quarantine if we need it. There have been some false alarms, but so far nothing positive. We had a canteen employee who came through at an odd time when we weren't screening. He went onto the yard with flu-like symptoms. We have quarantined the 20 inmates that he was in close contact with. He has been tested for COVID-19, and we are awaiting the results. So far, everyone that we have tested has been positive for Influenza-A, which rules out COVID-19 according to our briefings from the CDC.

The latest CDC briefing that we received said that if a person contracts COIVID-19, some symptom will appear within 72 hours. People may not develop all of them, but even the people who are asymptomatic won't stay that way.

12 hours ago, LAAMike said:

What are any shows that you have liked?

If you read the thread on this subject, you'll see just how extensive that list would be. If you PM me what type of shows you enjoy, I can send you a list.

If you enjoy zombies and sci-fi, I'm not your man. Ask @gotbeer for those recommendations

I’m not an overly religious person and if you’re not, then please disregard this, but I feel like in my neighborhood there is a lot of truth to this.  I saw more people walking on trails today, and riding bikes with their kids more today than I have in the last 6 months.  There may be a small silver lining to all this shit.

B04AFEEE-5CF9-442B-8FCE-5E615331F6A8.png

12 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

I’m not an overly religious person and if you’re not, then please disregard this, but I feel like in my neighborhood there is a lot of truth to this.  I saw more people walking on trails today, and riding bikes with their kids more today than I have in the last 6 months.  There may be a small silver lining to all this shit.

B04AFEEE-5CF9-442B-8FCE-5E615331F6A8.png

I love it @PattyD22