• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Betts and QO clarity

Erstad Grit

5 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

When is the cut-off for a team to trade for him and still be able to make a QO which would be declined and turn into a draft pick?

Is it the start of ST? By the end of ST? A annual date?

I'm actually starting to want Angels to make it happen for Price and Betts. 

Could you imagine if it happened then Betts signs an extension right when he gets here. What an FU that would be to Boston. If you eat all of Prices contract I don’t think it would cost that much. I bet we could get it done for like Thaiss and Barria. Maybe throw a top 20 in there. 

3 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Could you imagine if it happened then Betts signs an extension right when he gets here. What an FU that would be to Boston. If you eat all of Prices contract I don’t think it would cost that much. I bet we could get it done for like Thaiss and Barria. Maybe throw a top 20 in there. 

I'm not sure it's something that would even be considered. Arte isn't adding $59 million to the payroll. Also if Betts signed an extension Adell is gone. Also that's likely $67 million in payroll added over the next 3 years, which pushes us into the big boy tax penalty zone. 

So in other words, no.

7 minutes ago, Bronson said:

I'm not advocating extending Betts nor do I think he would. I'm wondering if we got Price and 1 year of Betts plus the draft pick it wouldn't hurt as bad. I just don't know when that cut-off date is

4 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I'm not advocating extending Betts nor do I think he would. I'm wondering if we got Price and 1 year of Betts plus the draft pick it wouldn't hurt as bad. I just don't know when that cut-off date is

1 compensatory 2nd rounder isn't really worth that much extra payroll imo. If I'm eppler and theres an option to add that much payroll, I do it for pitching.

6 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

When is the cut-off for a team to trade for him and still be able to make a QO which would be declined and turn into a draft pick?

At its heart, the qualifying offer remains the same — a one-year contract offered to an impending free agent who has been on that team’s roster for the entirety of the season. 

7 hours ago, ukyah said:

some of you guys want to put together an mlb the show roster. betts isn't coming here, and he's 100% not signing an extension anywhere. i don't know how the dude can make that more clear. the angels trading for him would be monumentally stupid.

I just people who are thinking about such a deal really want pitching. Obviously, we don't need Betts but if getting Price means we get Betts then I'm not much against it.

21 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/qualifying-offer